WINE FAMILY FROM GERMANY TO VIRGINIA

WINE FAMILY FROM GERMANY TO VIRGINIA

Posted: 19 Feb 2005 11:05AM GMT
Edited: 24 Sep 2005 1:56AM GMT

Re: WINE FAMILY FROM GERMANY TO VIRGINIA

Posted: 25 Jan 2007 12:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wine, Wien. Vien, Vienna
Greetings Cousin - I see you have done a lot of work. I am William N. Wine b:08/07/49 in San Francisco. I can be found in the green book "Wine Family in America". From MICHAEL WINE (b.27 May 1747) I can be found as the first son of the first son of the first son ... going down to the 9th generation. Checked a Vienna (Wien or Wine) website yesterday and found our name has Cletic origins. It is from the name Vienna and means 'river in the woods". Obviously nothing to do with the beverage. I also have the blue and red hard bound books which traced Adam and Christian Wine branches. Good luck in your search.

Posted: 24 Jul 2007 10:48PM GMT
Surnames: Wine/Rose/Frame and associated families
Bill, have you or any of your Wine family members done the DNA marker tests. Since you can document back to the original Michael Wine and family of Johann Wine, perhaps you are the one we need to get the DNA markers and try to validate other Wine/Wyne/Wynes/Wines/Winn families and see exactly where this line goes.
You are the first Wine I have seen online who has actually been traced back to the Wine families in Shenandoah, Va....
If you have not done this, would you consider it.....it really would be of so much help to all of us who are searching the Wine families of Virginia and surrounding areas.
Please, respond to erickson@mosquitonet.com
as I have placed several inquiries online and asked that a copy be sent to my email address and none have made it so far....would like to make sure that this one doesn't fall between the cracks.

Thank you again so much for posting your info

Posted: 24 Dec 2012 8:07PM GMT
Surnames: Wine, Wien
Bill, I come across your post and found it to be connecting at least so it seems. As I understand My first generation of Wines migrated from The Rhineland River area of Germany around 1750. Johann Georg Wien and Jacob Wien come to York County PA. whose will was probated Dec. 10, 1788. Jacob had 3 sons, Adam, Henery and Jacob. Jacob the first moved to Loudoun Co. in Virginia. My string of ancestors came from Jacob to Henery to Jacob to Henery to Edward to Guy to Gearld Sr to Gerald Jr.

Posted: 26 Jun 2013 6:18PM GMT
Surnames: Wine
My Wine family are from the Shenandoah Valley of Va. We are decendants of Adam Wine(b. 1744)son of Johann George Wine from Germany. Theodosious Wine moved to Staford co. Va. sometime before 1844. My grandfather was Rev. Wm Thomas Wine, My Dad was Paul Wine I am Emily Wine Granberg b. 1938
I did have the Nat. Geo DNA test taken but since I am female and it sounds you have followed the male line it may not help. I do not know if any of this will help you but let me know. I hope you will reply. possibly a cousin
Emily

Posted: 27 Jun 2013 10:11AM GMT
Emily, Thanks for writing. Have you found out actually where your ancestors came from? It does appear that's our lines are connecting. I have been trying to pin point exactly what town or village my ancestors came from. Thanks! Gerald Wine Jr.

Posted: 27 Jun 2013 10:01PM GMT
I Gerald, There is a book "The Wine Family" by Joseph Floyd Wine. Itis divided into two section. The geneology of Michael and Adam Wine. The book begins with a Preface then Introduction and then chapter 1 is background glimpses.
The family came from the Rhine River area , Al ST Loraine I am nor sure of the spelling. The book shows a printing by Carr Publishing Copany, Inc. Boyce, Virginia 22620. I am not at this time abl to write much more but will try to answer questions. According to my family all Wines are related so later cousin Emily

Posted: 28 Jun 2013 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: Wien
As I am told when our ancestors were in Germany they went by the sur-name spelled Wien. I found an antique Beer Stine with a picture of a Castle on one side and a Double Headed Eagle on the other with the name Wien below the Eagle. The double Headed Eagle is symbolic to The Scottish Rite Free Masons. I am a Free Mason myself and I have started to research Masonic records looking for our Ancestors.

How can I obtain one of these books?

Posted: 28 Jun 2013 1:40AM GMT
Hi What a find you made. Our family name was spelled Wien. JOHANN gORG wien, HIS WIFE AND TWO SMALL CHILDREN LANDED IN PHILADELPHIA aUG.21,1749. They came on the ship Elliot from Rotterdam. I have had the book for years-My Mother gave me my copy.--- I ordered a copy from Carr Publishing Company,Boyce, Virginia 22620 but that was also years ago. The copy I bought was not bound just paper copy. I gave it to my nephew and I will have to see if he has his copy.

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 3:28AM GMT
I have the towns, areas that we are from in GERMANY. I will try to get the info to you as soon as possible. later emily

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions