Search for content in message boards

Phipps (Thomas, Eliza, Walter) from England in 1867: settled Watertown WI then Greenbush area

Phipps (Thomas, Eliza, Walter) from England in 1867: settled Watertown WI then Greenbush area

Posted: 5 Nov 2005 7:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jun 2006 5:16AM GMT
Surnames: Phipps
I am trying to trace the descendants of my ancestors Thomas and Walter Phipps who emigrated from England to Wisconsin in 1867. Thomas settled with his wife Eliza in Watertown then Greenbush, while Walter shows up in the 1880 census as living in Fond du Lac with his wife Callie (or Caroline, from Germany, they then moved to California before 1900). Does anyone have any knowledge of any Phipps research? Many many thanks for any help at all, Stephen (in Scotland).

Re: Phipps (Thomas, Eliza, Walter) from England in 1867: settled Watertown WI then Greenbush area

Posted: 22 May 2012 1:31AM GMT
I believe I am such a descendant. I believe Walter's first wife died and married Alma Laubenstein(?). They had 3 children (Lila, Elmer, Walter) Elmer married Mary Resch and have 7 children. I am one of the seven.

Re: Phipps (Thomas, Eliza, Walter) from England in 1867: settled Watertown WI then Greenbush area

Posted: 30 Apr 2013 6:35PM GMT
This will help, I believe there is two Walters, brother walter and son of Tomas and Eliza .... Death and head stones here - http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=PH...;
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions