Search for content in message boards

Mann Family from Ohio

Mann Family from Ohio

Posted: 12 Oct 2002 1:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Feb 2006 4:58PM GMT
Surnames: Mann/Reilley
Thanks to the messages boards,not only have I gotten my Mann family background. But have contact with a cousin.Thanks Charlene.Now I am having trouble finding the info I need on the William C. Mann marrage to Helen Reilley.And her family info from her Father back.Any Mann's out there know of a connection? She was born 8/22/1883, in Cleveland,Ohio. Thanks Peggy Fr.VA.

Re: Mann Family from Ohio

Posted: 3 Jan 2003 2:39AM GMT
Surnames: MANN, WIEDENMEIER, MESSERLI
Peggy,

I don't know if you are interested in August Mann's five sisters, but one of them, Catherine, had been difficult to find info on because no one had the correct spelling of her name.

She married a ? Wiedenmeier from Cleveland and then a man named Messerli also from Cleveland.

Somewhere I read (I'd have to go through my notes) that the Mann's originally settled in Cleveland before they moved to Seneca and Crawford Counties. It gives another tie to the Cleveland area.

How is your research going?

Peggy Duckwall (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2003 3:14PM GMT
Surnames: Mann,O'Reilley
Charlene,Hello cousin,research going good.But am off on the O'Reilley branch.I did take your info. on Catherine Mann,and found her on the 1920 census.63 years old as a Messerli.Would you send me a direct email please with your home addresses.I made a CD for all family members,with all the Mann documents that I have found so far and all pictures etc.And I thought you may like one.Of course what I had on ours included Reilley's,Duckwalls etc. Please let me know.Peggy

Posted: 20 Jan 2003 9:51PM GMT
Surnames: Mann, Rhodes, Walker, Shaffer, Grice, Duckwall, Ellis
Regarding the CD w/Mann, Duckwall etc. -- Marg. Duckwall (dau of Frederich and Cath Ellis) m. David R. Rhodes. They had son Lawrence Gilbert Rhodes m Elmira Catherine Elizabeth Shaffer. Rhodes/Shaffer had daughter Cora who married Charles Floyd Walker. Chas. F. Walker was birth son (Nov 1879) of Thomas B. Mann and Ruth Grice, and was adopted by Seth Walker before age 20. Do you have info relating to any of the above? Am willing to share. I have minimal info on the Mann side, but more on the other names. I hope you can help. I am g'daug. of Charles Floyd (Mann) Walker. Thankyou, paula

Peggy Duckwall (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2003 12:18AM GMT
Sorry,none of those names ring a bell in this branch of Mann's.If you know where they are from you can go to that county's web site and ask for help.I am still new at this and so many sites have helped me move along.And I go backwards with death cirt. etc.Good Luck.Peggy

Posted: 17 Mar 2003 9:56PM GMT
saw your posting and am interested in knowing if anyone has knowledge of a kenneth and Hilda or hildie Mann near Steubenville or Germano, ohio. Those are my grandparents that I have not met.

Posted: 17 Mar 2003 10:06PM GMT
Sorry, the names and locations do not match any of my data. good luck, paula

Debra Lynn Mann (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2004 5:17PM GMT
Looking for Kenneth and Hilde Mann of Stubenville or Germano, OH. Their adopted son, Gary Raymond Mann is my father. Looking for possible obituaries betwee 1995-2004. Anyone with information about this family, please email me at weazzie55@hotmail.com. Medical information is much needed.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic