Search for content in message boards

Cornelius O'Neill/ Ellen O'Sullivan

Cornelius O'Neill/ Ellen O'Sullivan

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 6:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
My husbands grandparents were from Castletowne Bere. Ellen O'Sullivan was born around 1840. Cornelius was a shoemaker. They emigrated to Charlestown Ma in 1860, returned to Ireland ? and landed again in 1884. Known children are Michael, Margaret, Ellen (Nellie) Daniel and Katherine (Kitty). All the children were born in Ireland. Michael died in 1902.

Re: Cornelius O'Neill/ Ellen O'Sullivan

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 9:41PM GMT

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 2:11AM GMT
Thank you so much....much more information than I had..any record of Cornelius or Ellen's parents

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 7:34AM GMT
Well, there are a few possibilities for both but from the US records do you have any more info like age on arrival, etc.?

You may like to post your own message on http://www.bmdnotices.com/in-memoriam/viewremembrance.aspx?r...

Regards

Frank

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 9:19PM GMT
Again, Thank you. Using the information you already gave, I found Cornelius and Elen had a son John 2/16/1862 in Charlestowne, Ma and a son Jeremiah on 6/18/1864. Since they had a son John in Ireland in 1867 ( after returning to Ireland) did the first son not survive...can't find a record of that. My husbands father was Daniel.

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 9:42PM GMT
I have amended the Remembrance page to shown the US births. It was not uncommom to repeat a name if the first child died - that was then and not now really.

You are welcome to add pages / messages if you wish.

Frank

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 4:16PM GMT
Surnames: O'SULLIVAN
Hi..my GG granfather was Mortimer Sullivan in Brookline, Mass but in Gaelic and in Castletown Bere where he was from and died was Murtagh O'Sullivan. (B-1848-1917) His father was Mortimer O'Sullivan and his mother was Mary. I can't go back any further in my research for his parents. The O'Sullivan name is extremely popular in that area. Are you on ancestry? My tree is public and see if anything matches up? We are of the same surname and the same town so it's a possibility.

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 4:23PM GMT
Surnames: Mortimer O'Sullivan
fRANK..HAVE NOT COME ACROSS THAT SITE. hOW WONDERFUL! Just bookmarked it. My brickwall usually takes me to all site that i can find an obit from Castletowne Bere, Co Cork. My gg grandfathers obit is from 1917 and the only copy i have is cut off and always look forward to finding and adding new info. Thanks!

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 6:09PM GMT
I don't know if you can read the information Frank made available to me. You may recognize some names.Cornelius Neill m. Ellen Sullivan 2/24/1857. in Clochlin. They emigrated in 1860, returned to Ireland after 1864 and returned to Charlestown MA in 1884. I'll check out your site and yes I'm on ancestry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic