Search for content in message boards

Burke family born in Massachusetts in the 1900 - 1920 era

Burke family born in Massachusetts in the 1900 - 1920 era

Posted: 22 Nov 2012 8:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking any descendants of Michael Burkeand Mary Howard who married in Boston on 8 May 1905. In the US Census of 1930 the family was at Woburn, Middlesex, Mass See http://www.bmdnotices.com/in-memoriam/viewremembrance.aspx?r... for details. Would like to help add to our family tree.

Thanks

Frank

Re: Burke family born in Massachusetts in the 1900 - 1920 era

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 4:49AM GMT
You are making an inquiry about Massachusett's does this family have any connection to Cork Ireland? if not you should post on a US message board by State.

Annette Code

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 7:25AM GMT
Thanks, Michael Burke came from Cork, Ireland. Youngest child of Timothy & Mary Burke

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 9:09PM GMT
I should of read the memorial first.

Michael Burke born 21 Sept 1869 #589 Drimoleague, Cork

Fa: Timothy Burke Mo: Mary Hayes LDS FHL Film #101194

I tried to find siblings but he was the only one on an old CD set of Civil Registrations from 1864-1875

You can try www.familysearch.org for children born after 1875, children born before 1864 would be parish records.

You can apply for a copy of a birth certificate from the
General Registry Office: www.groireland.ie (#589 Drimoleague)and you have both parents names so they will do
a bit of research as well and maybe come up with siblings
after 1864. The Euro exchange rate for the US is pretty low at the moment so a good time if you want get a copy.

Some Cork church records are on the website:
www.irishgenalogy.ie

The genealogy of Cork is divided into two 1/2's either
South West or North East.

The North East records are located on an Irish History Foundation website. However, usually these genealogy records only go to 1900, only a few later. You should be able to find the whole family as you have both names of the parents, so don't need any more information for a good search. They will have Parish records as Civil Registrations so if born after 1864 you will get 2 per person.

www.familysearch.org has civil registrations from 1864 bmd
to about 1950.

I did see a 17 year old Timothy from Drinagh in the 1901
Census, so probably a son's children. There were 18 Timothy
Burke's but none in the age range of 70 in that area. The closest was a 66 year old widower.

www.askaboutireland.ie (Griffith Valuation 1853)
There are 23 Timothy's (not sure if this is the father or possibly grandfather as usually a man was married before
occupying land.

Timothy Burke, Parish of Drinagh (Part of) Townland of Drinagh W. Poor Law Union Dunmanway, tenant of Denis Regan

house and garden 0 acres 0 rood 5 perches

Others:
Thomas Burke, all other detail as above but tenant of Henry Edward Decie

James, tenant of Thomas Burke
b house, outbuilding and garden 0.30.0 & 4.3.27

Daniel, tenant of Henry Edward Decie
B house, outbuildings and land 2.0.37 & Ba 18.1.34

I have to go out. The website above will fill in the
property address as the program I use, the photo copy
cut off the left side.

Annette Code

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 8:14PM GMT
Edited: 28 Nov 2012 8:15PM GMT
Hi Annette,

THANKS.

You may find the CENSUS part (for Ireland) of my website of use for DED and Townland comparisons between 1901 and 1911 Census.

Cheers

Frank

Posted: 7 Feb 2014 8:35PM GMT
Hello

My name is Michael Burke. I see that you were looking at a Timothy Burke who lived in Drinagh. I am a descendant of his. I know he had several children the oldest being a son name Timothy. This Timothy Jr. I do not know any information about him. He might of died young or he might of stayed in Ireland. I descend from Timothy Burke's youngest son John Burke. If you would like to contact me and learn all the information that I know please send me an email. I can be reached at mtburke90@gmail.com, mburke34@slu.edu, and musicbandit1321@aol.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions