Search for content in message boards

Kavanagh's of Coolmore Churchtown Mallow Ireland

Kavanagh's of Coolmore Churchtown Mallow Ireland

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 10:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kavanagh, O'Keefe, O'Connell
I am seeking information of my uncle Timothy Kavanagh who was drafted into the US army in 1917/1918 whilst living in Philadelphia. He was born in Churchtown, Mallow Ireland on November 30th 1889. His father was Daniel Kavanagh and mother Marianne O'Connell. Marianne's Dad was Denis O'Connell who was married twice. His first wife was Ellen O'Keefe died in 1858 and had three children...Ellen, Jeffrey and Marianne (my Grandmother). Denis married again in 1859 and had 6 more children. Of all the 9 children, only Marianne remained in Ireland...all the others went to America.

Re: Kavanagh's of Coolmore Churchtown Mallow Ireland

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 4:01PM GMT
On you on Facebook? There is an excellent group called the Cork Genealogical Society and we all try to help each other and the folks on there are quite knowleable & some are from Ireland. I have ancestors in Co Cork and they have answered quite a few of my questions. I know for a fact there are quite a few O'Connell's on the site. I also have a family friend who lives in Hawaii who shares the Kavanagh name.

Re: Kavanagh's of Coolmore Churchtown Mallow Ireland

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 7:25AM GMT
Thank you for that information. I am particularly interested in my uncle Timothy (Tim or Ted) Kavanagh who was drafted into the US forces in 1917/1918 whilst living in Philadelphia.His draft registration card number was 1237.How does one find out details of his short time in the military e.g. which regiment did he enlist in etc.
Thank you once again for your interest and may my family and I wish you a peaceful and content Christmas.
Patrick Kavanagh
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions