Search for content in message boards

Patrick Creedan and Mary Coakley

Patrick Creedan and Mary Coakley

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 1:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Creedon, Creedan, Creeden, Coakley
Looking for any information on Patrick Creedan, born in 1814 and his wife Mary Coakley. They had two children that I know of: Julia, born in 1842 or 1843 and Timothy, born in 1846. Patrick and the children were in Clinton County, Ohio in the 1860 census.

Re: Patrick Creedan and Mary Coakley

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 5:15PM GMT
There is a baptismal record on www.rootsireland.ie for Julia b. 1842 in Co Cork , parents Patrick Creedon and Mary Coakley . There is no record for Timothy but there is one other record for another sibling b. 1848 . It is free to register with the site but they charge a small fee to view a record .

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 6:43PM GMT
Thanks very much! That looks like a match for Julia and I didn't know about Honora. Strange that Timothy isn't listed, but I have had no luck finding any birth records for him so far.

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 2:39PM GMT
If possible can you post the info on Julia and Hanora , church where baptisms took place , church address etc .

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 5:39PM GMT
Julia Creeden was baptized on July 3, 1842 in Clondrohid Parish, County Cork. The address given is Carrigapooka. The denomination was Roman Catholic, but the church was not named. The priest was Michael O Donnell. Parents were Patrick Creeden and Mary Cokley and sponsors were Daniel Cokley and Hanora Creeden.

Hanora Creeden was baptized on August 6, 1848 with the same information as for Julia except for sponsors John Keeffee and Johanna Toomy. Parents names were spelled Patrick Creedan and Mary Coakley on this record.

I believe that my great-great-grandfather Timothy Creeden, born in 1846 is their brother but could not find a baptismal record for him. Julia, Timothy, and their father Patrick later lived in Clinton County, Ohio.

I have a lot of information on this family and will be adding some information on my recent discoveries here: http://kathrynsquest.blogspot.com/

Posted: 14 Dec 2012 3:45PM GMT
Thank you for the info . I found your blog fascinating . Regarding Timothy Creedon the only baptismal record on www.rootsireland.ie I can find is one born in co cork in 1848 father Patrick Creedon . To find out who the mother is you need to view the record . Clondrohid ( In gaelic , Cluain Droichead , meaning The meadow of the Bridges ), Parish is located about 2 miles north west of Macroom . The parish is divided into small areas called Townlands , Carrigapooka ( sometimes called Carrigaphooca or Carrig - a - Phouca ) is one such area . The details on Carrigaphooca are as follows .

Area .... 205 acres
Barony ....Muskerry
Civil Parish .... Clondrohid
Poor Law Union ....Macroom .
In 1834 it was owned by John Williams . It is the site of a derelict castle .
The RC parish of Clondrohid has 2 churches , St. Abina's , Clondrohid and St. John the Baptist , Carriganima . Carriganima was the location of some bloody events back in 1821-1822 .
The following info , amongst other things , is available for the parish of Clondrohid .
1 . A 1776 religious census carried out on 29 of March 1766 .
2. A Tithe Defaulters List from 1831 .

3. List of Tithe Payers in 1834 .

Posted: 14 Dec 2012 3:54PM GMT
Sorry , 1776 should have read 1766 .

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: Creedon, Creedan, Creeden
Thanks very much for the Clondrohid information. I found a website listing the census and tithe info for the civil parish of Clondrohid here: http://corkgen.org/publicgenealogy/cork/potpourri/corkancest... There are several Creedens listed with various spellings.

I think I have found enough information in the US Ohio records to confirm that my Timothy is Julia's brother. I'm still sifting through all the information, so I'll continue posting on my blog as I go through it. I'll also do some more searching on www.rootsireland.ie and post if I come up with anything new. Thanks again for your help!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions