Search for content in message boards

Ross family in Anson County, North Carolina

Ross family in Anson County, North Carolina

Posted: 3 Sep 2000 2:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2004 6:36PM GMT
My ggggggrandfather was Hugh Ross who immigrated from Southerland Shire Scotland in 1771. He was married to Margaret McDonald of Scotland. They had5 children Donald, Hugh,
Margaret, Jane and Katherine. Three of the children married into the Lacy family of the same county.Hugh II married Lucretia Lacy,
Jane to Thomas Lacy and Katherine to Stephen Lacy. Margaret married Charles Campbell in North Carolina.I am trying to find any connection to this generation of people.

Ross of NC

Barbara Ross Watts (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2000 3:55PM GMT
My Ross family came from NC. try
Gen Dex, also Ancestry.com or LDS
they all have alot of information.
E-mail me at GoofeyGranny@webtv.net
Our family came from Scotland.

ROSS FAMILY OF ANSON CO., NC

Posted: 27 Sep 2000 4:21PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 5:54PM GMT
Margaret, I, too am descended from the Ross Family of Anson Co. We are trying to prove a Hugh Ross, b. 1741 whose son, James Ross, b. June 8, 1761 in Martin Co., NC, d. Jan. 1, 1849 in Anson Co. m. Lydia Elizabeth Coburn.
Is this the Hugh Ross you are referring to? Also, aren't you also researching the Rev. Joseph Williams family of Anson/Union Co? Please e-mail me at annemedlin@aol.com and let's compare notes. Anne

Ross of NC

Quinton Ross (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2000 12:08AM GMT
How abt James Ross married to Mary Mitchell of Guilford N.C. Im looking myself.

Anson Co., NC Ross Family

Dolores Guinn (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 2000 8:47AM GMT
Hi! I am also researching the family of Ross.
We believe that we are related to the James
Ross who married Lydia Coburn. I have a copy
of his pension application for service during
the Revolutionary War. I have as the children
of James and Lydia the following:
Elizabeth
Dugal
Mary
Francis
Lydia
Hugh
Nancy
Spicey
Sarah
Margaret
Thomas G.
Do your records agree with this information?
Thanks,
Dolores

ROSS/COBURN CONNECTION

Posted: 20 Dec 2000 11:54AM GMT
Dolores, I, too am descended from this same husband and wife, through their son, Thomas Griffin Ross, 1806-1873 and his wife, Ola "Olley" Maness, 1809-1865. Thomas was also married to Rebecca Maness (or Manas). All of the children you listed are the same as mine, with one exception: I do not show a Mary; however, she could be the same as my Pauline "Polly" Ross, b. 1787. I also have some dates and spouses for the children. I would great appreciate anything more that you may have such as the parents, grandparents, etc. of James and Lydia. I do know that Lydia's father was Francis Coburn, b. 1740 in Martin Co., NC, d. 1813 in Anson Co., NC and her mother was Lydia Ross; however, I have no info on her. We think Francis' father was George Cockburn, b. abt. 1700 and his mother was Elizabeth. Any info you could impart would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for responding. Please e-mail me at annemedlin@aol.com. Anne

Ross/Coburn

Dolores Guinn (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2000 1:54PM GMT
You are correct about Mary. I show her as
Mary "Polly" and you have her as Pauline
"Polly". Where did you get her name of Pauline?
I would like to trade info regarding your Thomas
G. with what I have on Hugh Ross and Nancy Margaret
Nash. My snail mail is:
Dolores Guinn
RR 10, Box 7060
Livingston, TX 77351
If you would care to share your address, I can send
you what I have on my side of the family.
Thanks.
Dolores

ROSS/COBURN

Posted: 16 Jan 2001 9:37AM GMT
Sorry that I have not communicated with you before now, almost a month later. My husban has been in the hospital since 12/11/00 for surgery for a tumor on the spine and I have not been online since before that. As soon as I can I will snail mail you what I have on the Ross/Coburn connection. Anne

ROSS/COBURN

Posted: 17 Jan 2001 9:20AM GMT
Hi, Dolores,
Sorry for not responding quickly but my husband was in the hospital and I have not been online since about the middle of December. Here is my home address:
Mrs. Anne M. Sendgikoski
4701 Col. Ashton Place
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772-2873
I will print out what I have on the Ross/Coburns and mail to you. I think we have a winner here! Thanks for responding. In the future, you may e-mail me at annemedlin@aol.com. What's your e-mail address? Anne
Posted: 22 May 2001 4:06PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 10:07PM GMT
I have just checked my papers and sure enough there is "Mary Polly" Chilton and Thomas Graves. I am sure that I have quite a lot about them if I can be of any help.
I'm sure you are aware that they are the link that connects us with the Revolutionary war.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions