Search for content in message boards

Wafer

Wafer

Gerry Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SCOTT, WAFER
Looking for information on a TERESA WAFER, who was married to JACKSON SCOTT (a soldier). They lived in Armagh around 1850-1870. They had two daughters that I know of. TERESA (1856-1927) and SARAH ANN (1866-).

Re: Wafer

Posted: 19 Jan 2005 9:00PM GMT
TERESA WAFER was from Caledon, Co. Tyrone, as was JACKSON SCOTT. They married in Caledon R.C Church. She seems to have followed him around the world in his tours of duty. Two daughters (TERESA and ELIZABETH) were born in Gibraltar, another two (HELEANA and ELIZABETH) were brn in Malta. Almost five years later I have found out some interesting information and thought I would post it here so that some other frustrated soul may get some inspiration!!

Re: Marcella McGann/James Perry

Posted: 29 May 2005 4:53PM GMT
Surnames: McGann
I am looking for infiormation about James McGann, father of Marcella who married James Perry. Marcella and James are in the 1901 census for Navan and I am looking for their marriage.
Any help would be appreciated
Anne McGann

Posted: 29 May 2005 6:22PM GMT
What is your connection with James McGann?

A. McGann (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2005 5:26PM GMT
James McGann who married Mary Lynch is my greatgrandfather and they are Marcella' s parents.
I am trying to discover the birth of my grandfather John McGann, Marcella' s brother.

A. McGann (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2005 5:30PM GMT
Forgot to ask, what is your connection with James Perry and Marcella McGann

Posted: 1 Jun 2005 5:43PM GMT
James Perry is my great great grandfather and Marcella is my great great grandmother. To the best of my knowledge they appear in the 1911 census in Navan not 1901, where they were in Belfast. What information do you need?

Christine Goodwin (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2006 9:55AM GMT
Edited: 5 Feb 2006 3:04PM GMT
Surnames: McGann
My Great Grandfather was Stephen Christopher McGann born in County Meath Ireland approx. (1855) he married a Mary Ann Benson and they then settled in Tasmania.
I am positive that Marcella McGann is his sister and I would be interested in exchanging information with you

Posted: 5 Feb 2006 9:49PM GMT
Hi. According to my information Marcella had a brother called Stephen who married a Mary Anne Benson in Navan (26/01/1883) then a Catherne Downs in Australia. Sounds like we have a connection.

Christine Goodwin (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2006 10:02AM GMT
Yes that's our Stephan McGann. We dont know what boat he came out on but they had a daughter Marcella on the boat I think then another Maria whilst in Tasmania. Mary Ann died 6 weeks after Maria was born and Catherine was coming out to be their housekeeper. Stephan married her to look after the children etc but they never had children together. My grandmother was their oldest daughter Mary Ellen who was born in Navan and died in Hobart Tasmania where I now live. I am interested in any information you are willing to share. I know only some vague things about the Navan McGanns but have quite a bit of info on the family that immigrated here. Look forward to hearing from you and about you
Chris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions