Kirby, McNamara, Holland, Henry

Kirby, McNamara, Holland, Henry

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 1:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kirby, Mcnamara, Holland, Henry
Katherine Kirby Married Michael McNamara
Daughter - Catherine McNamara
Who married Michael Holland
Who had Eileen Mary, Pauline, Timothy, Michael, Kathleen and Margaret.

My Grandmother was Eileen Mary Holland, Born in Innishannon Cork on top of a hill, Later to be Eileen Henry - Married John (Jimmy) Henry.

I havent got much information yet, if anyone thinks they may have a link to this please let me know, desperately trying to get our family tree done before we lose any more vital information.

Re: Kirby, McNamara, Holland, Henry

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 4:08PM GMT
When (approx) was your grandmother born? I grew up in Bandon - a few miles from Innishannon.

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 12:38AM GMT
She was born in June of 1925

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 7:35AM GMT
Hi,

I can ask a few old people near Innishannon if the name rings any bell with them.

In the meantime I would suggest requesting a Marriage Cert for Catherine Mcnamara and Michael Holland. One would assume they married abt a year before first child was born and you have a date for Eileen's birth. You could apply for a Marriage Cert (photocopy) at http://www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm

You don't need exact data and of course there was no PPS numbers then. Of course they may not have married in Innishannon and I don't see amy Michael Holland or Catherine McNamara names in the Census of 1901 or 1911 with an address which would be anywhere in the broad Innishannon area. I think it is worth trying and using County Cork as the marriage location - very vague but those surnames are not real common ones

Frank

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 5:01PM GMT
Thank you so so much! I really appreciate your advice and taking the time to help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions