Search for content in message boards

John Washington Davenport

John Washington Davenport

Posted: 5 May 2005 11:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 May 2005 10:03PM GMT
Surnames: Davenport
I am looking for information on John Washington Davenport born ca. 1816/17 in Kentucky or North Carolina. He married Cinthia A. Walker in Kentucky and had a son, James Alexander Davenport along with other children. He resided in Christian and Hopkins County Kentucky.

Re: John Washington Davenport

Posted: 21 Apr 2007 4:17AM GMT
Did you receive any info on John W. Davenport? Forgive my mistakes at this; I am new to this forum.

John W. was my gg-grandfather; his son James A. Davenport, m. Sarah Henderson, was my g.grandfather; their son George Caspar, was my grandfather; his son, James A., was my father.

After several years of research, I've only found the record of John and Cynthia's marriage. But my brother has a fairly good record of descendents.

Hope to hear from you!

Posted: 22 Apr 2007 5:12PM GMT
My ancestors are Davenport's from NC, Tyrrell Co. & Washington Co. I am trying to track down the John Davenport's from this area of NC do you think this is the area where your ancestors came from???

Posted: 23 Apr 2007 2:18AM GMT
It could very well be. The only information I have is that my father remembered his father saying that some of their ancestors came to Kentucky from North Carolina. I have record of John Washington Davenport marrying Cinthia Walker in Kentucky but do not find any birth records for John Washington Davenport in Kentucky. I have also found the surname spelled as Devenport. Please let me know if you think there could be a link to your John Davenport

Posted: 23 Apr 2007 4:56PM GMT
have you checked out the web site for Tyrrell Co., NC..
http://patriot.net/~cpbarnes/TYRRELL.HTM it might be of some help..I am not aware of any of my line of Davenport's leaving Tyrrell Co. for KY but do know that some left..

Posted: 27 Apr 2007 1:42AM GMT
My ggrandmother was Mary M Devenport. She was born in Tennesse. This was the only time I had ever seen the name spelled with an e instead of an a. Dont have any info other than this right now.

Posted: 28 Dec 2007 1:36AM GMT
Surnames: Davenport, Bone
My grandmother was Violet Bone, daughter of Mary M. Davenport(Bone). I would like to confirm the information that I have researched. There was an Albert, Mary, children Hattie, Jessie, Calvie, Russell, Lillian, Violet and Winfred Bone. I was told by my father (Violet's son) that they were of Cherokee nationality. I am trying to confirm my nationality of Cherokee and German. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posted: 28 Dec 2007 1:38AM GMT
Surnames: Davenport, Bone
My grandmother was Violet Bone, daughter of Mary M. Davenport(Bone). I would like to confirm the information that I have researched. There was an Albert, Mary, children Hattie, Jessie, Calvie, Russell, Lillian, Violet and Winfred Bone. I was told by my father (Violet's son) that they were of Cherokee nationality. I am trying to confirm my nationality of Cherokee and German. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posted: 29 Dec 2007 7:31AM GMT
Was John Washington Davenport son James Alexander Davenport born about 1838? Thanks, Carolyn

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 9:34AM GMT
Hi--I just saw your query from 2007. This James A Davenport is indeed John's son, and my ggrandfather. I've been researching this line for several years, but have hit a roadblock at John and Cynthia (Sintha). Are we related? I've been able to fill in a lot of blanks for descendants. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic