Search for content in message boards

Joseph Rouse - railway subcontractor Cork ,Bandon and South Coast Railway

Joseph Rouse - railway subcontractor Cork ,Bandon and South Coast Railway

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 7:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rouse Barber
My ancestor Clara Mary Rouse was born in Ballinhassig in County Cork in 1850 - her father Joseph was a railway subcontractor and I think they were over there working on the railway being built at that time - I cannot find any birth records for her or death records for Joseph who was still alive in 1851 but may have died shortly afterwards - any help greatly appreciated #Thanks
Ali

Re: Joseph Rouse - railway subcontractor Cork ,Bandon and South Coast Railway

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 8:57PM GMT
Hi,

There was a Mary House (but it might well be that as Rouse is unusual in West Cork and the Priest mistook it as House) baptised in Ballinhassig RC Parish in Aug 1850 to parents Joe House and Ellen Barber. The Sponsors were John Murphy and Mary Halinan. No other Rouse or House baptism.

Frank

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 4:31PM GMT
Thanks very much for that -did you find that on ancestry ? The mother and father were Joseph Rouse and Selina Barber but I have encountered quite a few mis transcriptions and the date fits well

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 5:07PM GMT
I got it in the original baptism register in Ballinhassig. I can send you a copy by email if you drop me a direct note to admin@bmdnotices.com and I will reply to your email

Frank
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions