Search for content in message boards

Payne ancestors

Payne ancestors

Linda Payne Smith (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Payne, Paign, Miner, Dunbar
My ancestors Squire Seldon Payne and Paulina Orinda Dunbar lived in Fayette Co, Iowa. I'm always looking for ancestors and descendants, being their great great granddaughter. I have a lot of info, but need details.

Posted: 12 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 10:33PM GMT
Surnames: Payne Miner
I am looking for ancestors of Hannah Rosalia Payne who came to Fayette county, Iowa in 1862 with her family. She was born in N.Y. And married David Miner Nov. 28,1874. She died on Jan.22, 1909 and had surviving her, three sisters and one brother and one aged father in Fayette County, Iowa. but their names were not mentioned in the obiturary. I am looking for the names of her family.
Posted: 24 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 10:33PM GMT
Surnames: Payne, Miner
Saa Rogers, thanks for answering my query. I would like to have any information you have on Hannah Payne, Miner I need her siblings and names. I have found her father and mothers name. Thank you Shirley A. Shouse they were in Fayette co., Iowa.

Payne/Miner

Posted: 24 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2001 5:31PM GMT
Surnames: Payne, Miner
Fayette County.

I have the information you are looking for with regard to Hannah Payne. You may contact me at my email address. Let me know what format you would like the information. GEDCOM or hard copy. Will need an address for hard copy.
sardon@earthlink.net

Re: Payne ancestors

Posted: 4 Nov 2002 12:23AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jan 2003 5:55PM GMT
I have descendant infor for Steven Teen Payne 1865-1938 of Fayette Co., IA if he connects to your Squire Seldon Payne.

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 3:17AM GMT
Why was Squire Seldon Payne buried in Long Grove Cemetery, Maynard, Iowa when it appears from FindAGrave.com that he had nothing to do with Iowa?

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 8:54PM GMT
Surnames: Payne, King, Diercks, Aschbrenner
Squire Seldon Payne (my 2nd great grandfather) moved to Iowa and helped establish the town of Maynard. There are other Paynes buried there too. I atill have relatives living in Iowa and my sister was born in Oelwein. he has a biographical sketch somwhere on-line that tells about him. He ALSO WAS AN AMBULANCE DRIVER in the Civil War--info also on line. There is a photo of him with some of his elderly siblings, as well.

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 10:49PM GMT
Thank you for your response. Maybe my question should have been, "Why was Squire Seldon Payne in Tacoma, WA when he died? He was sent back to Iowa for burial, apparently." Looks like he had a brother, Harvey Sanford Payne, that died in Tacoma so he might have been visiting him. I have since found the parents to Squire Seldon Payne in my database. They eventually marry into my Beckner family line. My great-grandfather should have known the Payne family since he was the township clerk and justice of the peace during that time period. I live my great-grandfather's house just outside of Maynard.

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 8:04PM GMT
I believe Squire had dementia and perhaps his brother was caring for him near the end of Squire's life. I think I read that in his obituary. I have been to Maynard and did research there. I will try to find what I have. He had a burial plot and is surrounded by other Paynes, as well.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic