Search for content in message boards

MONROE CO.SURNAMES

MONROE CO.SURNAMES

Posted: 21 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Aug 2001 2:38PM GMT
Surnames: ACORD, BARNES, BATES, BENNETT, BILLINGS, BLOOMFIELD, COOK, DYE, ELDER, FRYE, GRAHAM, HARTLEY, HURD, JAMISON, JOHNSON, LANDSPERGER, MANLEY, MATTHEWS, NUCKO, ROOP, SNODGRASS, THOMAS, WEIR, WELT, WOODARD
I am searching for several people from the Monroe Co. area. I live in Albia area and I have done all the research I can do here,hopefully someone from outside the area will recognize the surnames.Some of which I have quite alot on.Willing to share info.and do lookups. Thanks

MANLEY, COOK, ETC.

Posted: 15 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2004 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: MANLEY, COOK
OK, I'll bite! I have (or rather, my husband has) lots of family from this area.

His great great great grandparents were William Jackson Long, Sr. and Elizabeth Manley, they were married in Indiana in 1830, and moved to Missouri. Wm. died abt. 1850 and Elizabeth Manley Long moved to Iowa with 6 children. Her father was John R. Manley.

William Jackson Long, Jr. married in Monroe Co, Lucena Cook in 1864. Her parents were Jacob Benjamin Cook and Delena Lucena Epperson.

Bates Family

Posted: 18 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
This is my line of Bates's Charles born 1789 Conn. married Mary Crouch she was born Odessa,Russia they had 10 children. They are my gr.gr.gr.grandparents. Charles was born to Charles and Lucy Love Bates. Charles and Mary's daughter Lucy Ann married Adam Johnson they had a daughter Ann Eliza and she married Nelson Cook They had a daughter Mayme she married Frank Woodard they had a son Ervin he is my father. Charles and Mary are also my wife's line.Charles and Mary's son B.F.Barker Bates had a daughter Lucy she married James Snodgrass they had a daughter Nellie she married Richard Mathews and they had a daughter Vergie she married Faye Graham they had a daughter Luella and she married Jess Welt and they had a daughter Andrea. Confusing? OH YES!!!!

Surnames

Geri Meyers (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bates, Hyde, Boggs, Stover

Hi Tom
I am interested in your Bates research; My Grandmother's maiden name was Fanny Adella Bates. I have the Bates back to
Charles and Mary Crunch, but but do not have much info on them, no dates. If this is your line please e-mail me.
Charles Bates
William Bates/Sarah Culver
Benjamin Franklin Barker Bates/Violenta Ray
Ulisses K Bates/Mary Jursula Boggs
Fanny A Bates
Thanks! Geri inco@ncis.net
Posted: 28 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2002 5:14PM GMT
Surnames: Benjamin C Bennett
I am searching for my g-grandfather Benjamin C. Bennett married Sarah Ann Chidester (Chedister) 9-3-1854. They had 4 children: Eli, William James, Sarah Ellen, John Wesley (my grandfather) they were all born in Albia, Monroe County, Iowa. Benjamin enrolled in Iowa Militia on 8-9-1862, and was killed at Marks Mill Arkansas on 4-25-1864. Sarah Ann then married a William Warner and had six girls.
I cannot find Benjamin's parents anywhere and any help would be appreciated. Ihave the family since Benjamin and would be willing to share that info. if anyone needs. My grandfather John Wesley married Clarrissa Clementine Bonnett also from Iowa at Oskalossa, Mahaska, County. I also have her family history if anyone interested. Please help me find Benjamin C's parents. Thanks HBCondo@aol.com
Surnames: Sarah Ellen Horne
Sarah Ellen Horne, born 4-24-1859, married Grayson Horn April16,1878,she had 4 boys, George, Eli, Henry and Harvey. all in Monroe County, Iowa. She is daughter of Benjamin C Bennett and Sarah Ann Chedester. I cannot find parents of Benjamin C. Bennett. Do you think that John Calvin Bennett could be brother of Benjamin. Could e-mail me at HBCondo@aol.com

BENNETT FAMILY

Helen I'm not sure of Ben Bennett my gr.gr.grandfather was John Calvin Bennett. his obit.said he came to Monroe Co. with his father and his fathers family. Ben might be related to me that way I will look friday when I go to the Library. Also see Sarah Ellen ,I do have a Sarah Ellen in that time period,same part of the County Married to Grayson Horne and one of their sons is named Eli,I'm wondering if the same one? Maybe named him after her brother? Grayson is a cousin to my gr.grandmother on my Dad's side. Well let me know if any of this connects. We also have Chedisters on the Bates side.
Surnames: Benjamin Bennett
I am searching for Benjamin C. Bennett's parents. Benjamin C married Sarah Ann Chidester(Chedister) they had 4 children all born in Monroe, County. Eli, William James, Sarah Ellen, John Wesley. Benjamin joined IOwa Militia on 8-9-1862, and was killed at Marks Mill Arkansas in 1864. My grandfather and Clarrissa Clementine Bonnet, please note:(Bonnet) were married in Mahaska County, Iowa and had 10 children and then moved to Kansas and finally Oklhaoma where they are buried. If any info on Benjamin's parents please e-mail me HBCondo. Would be willing to share what info I have. from Benjamin C. to present.

Acord

Rosanne Groat Shalf (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Acord
What state?
I have two James M. Acords in Muskingam and Ross County Ohio

Marie Smith m.Clifford Bloomfield

Posted: 7 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
I am seeking info. on Marie Smith and Clifford Bloomfield they both graduated from Albia High 1914,Married unknown date and location. I do know they lived most if not all their married life in Cheyenne,Wyoming. I did find Clifford in the Monroe Co. census 1920 still at home and single,so it was after that. I heard Clifford died 1968 but where I don't know my source stopped on me. any info. would be appreciated!!! Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic