Search for content in message boards

TOOTOO

TOOTOO

Megan (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2003 8:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jul 2005 10:46AM GMT
Surnames: Tootoo
I live in Wilmington, NC with my family. My family is the only Samoan family in the area. I was just wondering how many of us there are on the mainland. If you think you are in someway related to the Tootoo's please contact me.

Re: TOOTOO

Lana Tuigamala (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2003 8:38AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2005 10:47AM GMT
Surnames: Tootoo, Tuigamala
Hi there Megan

I just wanted to let you know that my Dad is a Tuigamala and is related to the TOOTOO'S. We stay in New Zealand and at the moment my sister, father and I are visiting family here in Australia.

Please get back to me regarding more information about your family tree etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers
Posted: 24 Oct 2008 9:05PM GMT
Hello

My father is a To'oto'o Leota from Solosolo

Do u mean Tootoo or To'oto'o?

Cheers
LT

Posted: 7 Nov 2008 9:07AM GMT
Surnames: Tootoo, To'oto'o
"Do u mean Tootoo or To'oto'o?" -LT

1) tootoo: staff, stick, walking-staff

2) Tootoo: (as told to me by my grandmother) tulafale: talking chief: Tootoo: high talking chief

3) The surname TOOTOO/TO'OTO'O: pronunciation for both spellings is the same: toh/oh/toh/oh.

Hope this helps.

--Manaia
Posted: 3 Feb 2012 3:54AM GMT
Surnames: To'oto'o
Talofa Megan...it's your cousin Alex from Hawaii. I know it is such a late post but I didn't realize you put this out there. I am replying just in case you still check this. There are members of the To'oto'o aiga all over. In the US mainland, we have family in California, Washington, Alaska, Idaho, Texas, and of course North Carolina. And then of course there are To'oto'o's in Samoa and Hawaii. Not to mention all of the others that have married and changed names and have moved away from the motherland to do what our grandparents did, which was make a better future for their families.

I found this because I am finally making a better effort to research our family history and lineage. We are from Olosega, Manu'a and Vatia, American Samoa. We have other family members with names like Poloai, Vaefaga, Leiato, Masania'i, Tuiasosopo, Tuiolosega, Tauvela, Tuna, Tausaga, Mamea, and on and on and on. Anyways, I look forward to compiling it all and sharing it with the rest of the family...maybe at the next family reunion. Gotta go so I'll get back to you later.

Love you cousin and God bless!

Posted: 4 Feb 2012 3:58PM GMT
saw your post and you have poloai, is this family also from olosega manu'a i'm looking for this family ,,, any info if you have any please share just found out that my gr.gr.grandmother is from manu'a [tumoe poloai]... you also have tuiolosega this is my husband's family from the same island
Posted: 5 Feb 2012 10:50AM GMT
Surnames: Poloai
Hi Mayson5...yes to my knowledge, my maternal great-grandmother is a Poloai from Olosega, Manu'a. Her nme was Asoa Poloai before she married my great-grandfather Ierusalema To'oto'o also from Olosega. She had 3 sisters (Fa'afuasei, Nimara and Penina) and 1 brother (Koli) born to her parents Poloai and Siaumau. I also heard from other sources that Poloai was also known as Atafua. In any case I'm sure we are related somehow. Aren't all Samoans family? Well, I'll keep you posted if I find any new info on our Poloai aiga and do the same if you find anything else. Take care and God bless! Soifua!

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 11:04PM GMT
haven't found any new leads to the poloai family but u also listed tuiolosega name, this name is in my husband's family tree.

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 2:19AM GMT
were u raised in olosega do u know of any info on the poloai family im trying to find out if this line is where the french side is from r u able to help

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 2:28AM GMT
this all the info i have about poloai from olosega kuana she married to toofaatafua also from manua {leula}
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions