Search for content in message boards

Juanita Danley -- b. abt 1918 TX

Juanita Danley -- b. abt 1918 TX

Posted: 6 Jun 2006 8:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Oct 2010 1:17PM GMT
I'm looking for abody that was relative to Juanita Danley who was born in Young County, Tx. on Dec 31 1918 or around there. She is the daughter of Hezekiah and Elvia Danley. The last census I have found she lived in Galena, Ks aruond 1930. She died around 1989 but I don't know were. We found a roll number in we was trying to found about it. She is my wife aunt. She had a brother named Earl and Albert in a sister Named Elsie. Please write to my e-mail. Thank you Tom

Re: Juanita Danley

Bob Danley (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2006 2:12PM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2010 1:18PM GMT
Surnames: Danley
I'm not sure from the information given. Juanita Danley who is in the household of stepfather William H. Kromeich in Galena, KS in 1930 census was born in Kansas according to the census. I am inclined to believe that is correct place of birth for her because she is listed in same householdI in the 1920 census (stepfather's name was spelled Carmack and she was entered as Wanetta S.) and her birthplace is also listed as Kansas. Her age is 2-1/12 in 1920 which would indicate that she was born about Nov or possibly early Dec 1917. Siblings in the household were Earl L., age 10; Murel A., age 8; and Mildred, age 5. Murel A. is possibly Albert and Mildred might have gone by Elsie.

Her older brother Earl was in Hezekiah and Elva T. Danley household in 1910 census for Richwood Township, McDonald County, Missouri. If the information I have found is correct, they have 13 half-siblings from Hezekiah’s two previous marriages. The proximity of McDonald County, MO and Cherokee County, KS would also indicate that the census records are probably correct. I am second cousin once removed of Wanetta S./Juanita who was daughter of Hezekiah and Elva but don’t know much more about her than what I have here.

There is also a Juanita Danley, age 7 in the household of Kit D. and Addie Danley in 1930 census for Young County, Texas. Texas Birth Index has Juanita Danley born 31 Dec 1922; Birth County: Young; Certificate Number: 76401 Roll Number:, 1922_0004. She would be a better match for place of birth but none of her siblings given names match the ones in your query. Texas Birth Index also has A C Jr. Gain; Date of Birth: 13 Mar 1949; Gender: Male; Birth County: Orange; Father's Name: Albert Cecil Gain; Mother's Name: Juanita Jewell Danley; Roll Number: 1949_0005. This is probably the same person.

Bob Danley
Bella Vista, AR

Re: Juanita Danley -- b. abt 1918 TX

Posted: 29 Jan 2012 2:47AM GMT
Surnames: Danley
I am the grand daughter of elva and william kromeich. I remember my aunt Jeanie who was my mothers half sister. Her real name was juanita. I also remember my aunt elsie but very vaguely. My mother was one of six girls by William. But I stayed with my aunt jeanie for a while in the late 70's. She was a very nice lady. My aunt Voni helped to pay for her burial costs. I could not tell you how old Jeannie was but i do remember her. if i can help in any other way please feel free to contact me. My mothers name was Virginia but i think in the geneology they have her listed under another name. I know my grandma called her June.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions