Search for content in message boards

Kalb in East Prussia/Braunsberg area (Braniewo)

Kalb in East Prussia/Braunsberg area (Braniewo)

Posted: 3 Jul 2009 6:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kalb
Hi,
if anybody got any ancestors by the name of Kalb in the Braunsberg (now: Braniewo) area of East Prussia (Braunsberg (Town), Langwalde, Rawusen, Packhausen, Zagern), I would like to hear from you. My great-great-grandmother was called Justina Kalb, born 1859 in Langwalde. She was married to Carl August Siebert and they lived in Braunsberg.
Thanks, Bettina

Re: Kalb in East Prussia/Braunsberg area (Braniewo)

Posted: 5 Jul 2009 3:19PM GMT
Surnames: Kalb, Gelb
I have a Mechel (Max) Kalb b. 1892 but Im not sure where. I have it as Austria/Poland. His parents were Lewis and Annie Gelb Kalb. His grandparents were Lewis and
Sophia Kalb. The family is Jewish. If you think this may mmatch up with your info let me know. Mechel's daughter is 991 years old and was born and still living in Michigan.

Posted: 5 Jul 2009 3:21PM GMT
Surnames: Kalb, gelb
Correction ,.. She is 91 years old darn sticky keys.

Posted: 28 Jul 2012 6:56PM GMT
I have ancestors from Braunsberg East Prussia, but not with the name Kalb. My grandfather, who was born roughly in the same time period was named Ferdinand Brockmann and his wife's maiden name was Maria Mader. I am sorry but I do not know the last names of any other relatives. Vicky Clark
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions