Search for content in message boards

ROBERT WILSON

ROBERT WILSON

Robert Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 1999 11:38AM GMT
Born in England or No. Ireland abt. 1820. Was a street car operator in Manhattan for many years, and lived at E. 29th St. in New York City in early 1860's, later moved to Kosciusko St in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, from 1867 to abt. 1898.
His wife's first name was Mary Margaret (maiden name unknown. Had a daughter, EMILY WILSON (WILLIAMSON), born in the 1850, and died in Lakewood, NJ in 1938.
There were three sons, one of whom was SAMUEL HUGH WILSON, my grandfather (1855-1903, and one of the other sons' first names was WILLIAM.
I am only living descandant in my generation, of Robert, through, Samuel, and my later father, Robert. Trying to find Mary Margaret's maiden name, and whether there are any living descendabts of Emily or William around and about.

Robert Wilson

Posted: 30 Jun 1999 12:01PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 4:33PM GMT
I am searching for the parentage of Mary Jane and Margaret Wilson. They both named their children, Robert, William, Mary Emily, Richard, Mary Ella, Wm. Henry, Emily Anna, Adeline Wilson, Robert Wilson. Mary Jane Margaret were born in Tyrone, Irl. 1812-1830 These names are similar to your Robert Wilson's family.
There may be a connection. Would you be so kind as to contact me at joanboothe@oro.net. Thank you

Your recent response to my query

Robert Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 1999 7:44AM GMT
"My" Robert Wilson was born somewhere in N.
Ireland (perhaps Co. Tyrone) around 1825. If
your Mary Jane and Margaret had Wilson as a
MARRIED name, which seems logical, since they
seem to have had several Wilson children
between the two of them, then maybe he was a
brother-in-law to one or both of them.
What was the Christian name of their Wilson
husbands? Or, if the maiden name of
both of the ladies was Wilson, and they were
sisters, perhaps my Robert was their brother. Please explain.
"My" Robert is first recorded in the 1870
Federal Census in Brooklyn (New York)
as being married to a Mary Margaret (maiden
name unknown), same age. There were 4
children: my grandfather, SAMUEL HUGH WILSON,
dob 1855; Emily, dob 1858; William, dob 1860;
and Joseph, dob 1862. Most of the children
were born at 165 E 29th St in Manahattan,
where they lived until moving to Kosciuzko
St in Brooklyn in 1867. My current quest
is finding a specific date and place of birth
in Ireland for "my" Robert, his parent's
names and dobs, and his wife's maiden name
and her mother's maiden name. I don't know
where Robert and Mary Margaret were married, but it was
probably in 1853 or 1854, and probably in
New York. Both were Irish immigrants. They
would have bout about 30 when SAMUEL H was
born. Does this help you?

with 3 children
Posted: 15 Sep 1999 11:49AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 4:33PM GMT
Per your request,my Wilsons are as follows:
Mary Jane Wilson, b 9 Dec 1830 Tyrone,IRL, mar John Larimer in 1857. They were the parents of Mary Ella, Wm.Henry, Emily Anna, Adeline Wilson, and Robt.Wilson Larimer.
Mary Jane immigrated to PA from IRL, then to San Francisco, CA. and Grass Valley, CA.
Sister, Margaret Wilson, b abt 1834 in IRL., mar Richard Musgrave 1857. They were the parents of; Robt.Wm., Henry Bacon, Mary Emily, and Richard Edward Musgrave.
She too migrated from Philadelphia, PA. to CA. They were educated in the Church of England and had a recommendation from the Trinity Church in Philadelphia, PA. to the Emmanuel Episcopal Church in CA.

I'm hoping that there might be a connection to your Wilson's. I am seeking the girls parentage.

Thank you for your time.
joanboothe@oro.net

maybe the same one?

sarah marks (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2001 12:21AM GMT
my Robert Wilson was born in Northern Ireland and married a Margaret. They migrated to New Zealand and got there in 1950 on the "Charlotte Jane", which was the first of 4 ships to reach the Canturbury region in the south island
Posted: 4 Mar 2004 11:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jul 2004 2:29PM GMT
Surnames: WILSON/ LATIMER
Could the spelling of the name be LATIMER??
If so then please contact me
My GGGG Grandparents were
Robert WIlson born 1789 married to Jane LATIMER
in 1812
I am through their Son, Witheral Anderson Wilson
Carol
meanded.us@verizon.net

Re: Robert Wilson

jean kendrew (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2005 1:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
Browsing through and came across your Robert Wilson. This is the name shown on my grandparents marriage certficate as the grooms father. The groom was Harry Wilson my grandfather, who married Daisy Emily Williamson in Glanford Brigg, Nr Scunthorpe -1903. My mother Mary Emily Wilson was born in Darlington Co.Durham in 1906. The names tie in - could there be any connection????
regards,
Jean.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic