Search for content in message boards

Looking for descendant of Wm & Christian Baird - AL-ARK

Looking for descendant of Wm & Christian Baird - AL-ARK

Posted: 4 May 2010 3:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baird
I am looking for descendants of William and Christian Baird, who were in Cherokee County AL in 1850 and 1860 and later in Arkansas. I am willing to pay for a Family Tree DNA test for any documented descendant, to verify my own line of descent. My email address if you prefer to contact me directly is family (at) jgrussell.com. Thanks.

Re: Looking for descendant of Wm & Christian Baird - AL-ARK

Posted: 17 May 2010 12:40AM GMT
i dont know if im connected but i am trying to find out about my ggrandmother her name is ida florence baird and she was married to joseph a crowley. ida was born about 1865 in ind. but i have been unable to find anything on her. i know they were married in wayne co mo but the courthouse there burned so im having problems. i do know that they traveled alot because he was a woodsman.

Posted: 17 May 2010 1:02AM GMT
Sorry that I can't help. I don't see those names in this Baird family.

Posted: 18 May 2010 3:29AM GMT
thank you for looking- good luck

Posted: 20 May 2010 12:05PM GMT
Good morning My great grand father was Allison Porter Baird the son of Thomas Baird one of the four brother the other three was named Robert ,John,and William they all came to america before the revolutionary war and lived in Ky and settled Bardston whick was first called Bairdstown.William was one of the first settlers there. Later William moved to Hartford ,Ky where he ran a tainyard until 1794.James one of the orginaial four brother was married to lady Jand in 1779 the daughter of Sir William Lynn of nobility. This displeased her faughter and her forbayed her from having any contact with the family so James and Janed left for America in 1782. They lived in chambersburg , Penn for a few years then by flat boat from Brownsville, in Fayette county Ky down the ohio river to the falls of the ohio near Louisville. Gradually traveling to Hartford Ky. James was the first corner of Ohio county Ky. James married Rebekah Barnett died on Sept 15 1858 they had ten children Racheal elizabeth, Jane m.,William Lynn, Mary, James Perry, Sally Ann, Alexander Barrnett, my mistake only seven children . Most of this history comes from a book History of NO Creek , Ohio County , Kentucky Harry D. Tinsley aurthor. Published by Roberts Printing Company Frankfort , Kentucky in 1953. Maybe this will help i couldn,t find anything on Christian but i would be he is a decident of William Lynn Baird hope this hels.

Posted: 20 May 2010 2:07PM GMT
Thanks, Wesley, but that's not my group. According to the 1860 Cherokee County AL census, this William was born c1817 in Tennessee. His wife Christian was born c1819 in North Carolina. Their children Nancy, Jasper, Madison, Mary, Elijah, Martha, John, George and James were all born in Alabama.

Posted: 28 May 2012 12:33AM GMT
Ida Florence Baird Crowley died in Winn Parish, LA. in 1955 and is buried in the Sikes Cemetery. She was my step-grandmother's mother. I do not know particulars about her Baird family. She was known as "Gran" to her family.

Here are links to the family burials.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSsr=81...;

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSsr=81...;

Posted: 28 May 2012 12:55AM GMT
Thanks for the information.

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 1:59AM GMT
thanks for the information. my father still lives in sikes. ive been to the cemetary. will you tell me who your step granmother is? thanks again

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 2:18AM GMT
She was Annie Crowley Devitt Smith. After the death of her first husband, she married my grandfather, Daniel F. Smith of Sikes, LA. Their information is on Findagrave.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions