Search for content in message boards

Koger

Koger

Machelle Booty (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KOGER
Looking for the family of Mary Calvin Koger born Octboer 28, 1868 in Wayne County, KY and died December 18, 1950 in KS. She married William Randall NYE and they had five children together. Looking for the parents to Mary please.

Wayne Co., KY Records

Posted: 4 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 1:11PM GMT
Surnames: KOGER, COOPER
Machelle, I found your Mary C. KOGER in the 1870 Wayne Co., KY Census -

Parmleysville P.O. 11 July 1870 District 4
KOGER, Lucinda 31 KY Keeps house $600-$650

Cullom 9 KY

Virginia 6 KY

Mary C. 4 KY

John Calvin 3? KY Farm Labor

Mrs. Alma Coffey Whittis who made the handwritten copies of the Census has added these remarks:

Lucinda, Widow of Calvin KOGER, who died 1868.
Cullom, married Lucetta BURNETT, dau of Jonathan BURNETT and Mary REDMAN.
Virginia, married Lemeon HIATT.
Mary C., married William NYE
John Calvin's age is probably 13. He is the son of Calvin KOGER'S brother, John and his wife, Zarilda A. BOOKOUT. John died in 1860.

From Vol. 2 of June Bork's Wayne Co., KY Records, page 11 -
KOGER, Calvin and Lucinda Jane COOPER. Surety, M.F. Saufley. Married 29 August 1860 by David Bell. Bride and groom both of Wayne Co. He is 28 years olds and she is 22 years old.

Lucinda COOPER is the daughter of Harmon and Mary COOPER. She is in the 1860 Wayne Co., KY Census, age 22, born KY.
From Vol. 1 of June Bork's records, page 71 -
COOPER, Harmon and Polly ADKINS. Surety, Benjamin ADKIN. (This Bond was badly burned - bond date illegible) Married 27 May 1830 by Hiram Gregory.

Calvin KOGER is in the 1860 Census with William KOGER and wife, Mary, nee BOOKOUT.
From Vol. 1, page 13 - William KOGER and Mary "Polly" BOOKOUT. Surety, John BOOKOUT. Bond dated 06 June 1810, married 22 August 1810 by Rev. Richard Barrier. Endorsement on Bond: "Ladys parents consent proved by the oath of John Bookout".

In the 1860 Census, William KOGER is age 75, born VA. Mary is age 70, born NC.

Pam Groover

John BOOKOUT, b. ca 1818, Wayne Co., KY

Posted: 14 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2004 12:02AM GMT
Surnames: Bookout, Jones
John BOOKOUT, age 45, born Wayne Co., KY, enlisted in 4th AR CAV USA as a private, 27 Nov 1863, at Dardanelle, Yell Co., AR. Malinda, his wife, was born about 1820-22 in TN or AL. It is reported that her maiden name was JONES. Need documentation on maiden name and parentage.

Who were the parents of John B. BOOKOUT, b. 1818, Wayne Co., KY?

KOGER, not KOGAR!

Posted: 21 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2001 4:28PM GMT
Surnames: KOGER
Oops!! In my previous message I mis-spelled KOGER (although it has been found spelled that way, too. My mother-in-law was a Koger, descended from William and Mary Polly > through their son Charles Cagle Koger and Sytha Rice >John Preston Koger and Nancy Jane Simpson> William Richard Koger and Louisa Marona. Charles and Sytha migrated to Jackson County, Alabama, and others lived in DeKalb County, Alabama. Any information on Kogers appreciated.

KOGAR (sometimes seen COGAR)

Posted: 21 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2001 4:28PM GMT
Surnames: KOGAR, BOOKOUT, RICE, BAKER
Saw Koger information from Pam in response to Michelle. William Koger and Mary Polly Bookout are my husband's ancestors. Seeking info on Mary's parents, grandparents, etc. Also need info on Sytha Rice Koger's parents, William Rice and Jane/Jean Baker Rice. Thanks. Would appreciate private response, too;I am unable to access your email address.

KOGER preacher?

Posted: 23 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2002 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: SHEFFIELD, ACRE, HIGGINBOTHAM, BELL, CLARK, KINDRED
Hi, I have a (probably) unrelated question about Kogers in Clinton and Wayne Counties. I have a friend named Koger whose family is from the Columbia SC area. Is there any connnection you know of between these families? He once told me that a Koger ancestor was a circuit-riding preacher.

Jones

Margie Moore (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jones
Hello,

I believe James Jones Sr. and Jr. one of both of them could have a daughter with that name. But who they married I have no idea. I'm thinking you would need to look under James Jr. because of the date.

Margie

Koger

David Slagle (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Koger, Slagle
I have located my Great Grandparents names, John William (Fox) Koger and Lenora Koger. Both are buried along with an infant child at Parmesville (unsure of spelling) Cemetary/Church, in Wayne County.

Grandmother was a Koger

David Slagle (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gertie Koger
My Grandmothers maiden name was Koger. She has a brother who lives in Oneida, TN. He is the only living member of my Grandmothers immediate family. My Grandmother married Roy Slagle in the early 40's in Wayne County. Later, they, along with there 5 childeren, migrated to Muncie, IN. I am unsure of my great grandparents names. Do you have any info?

William Acre ca 1810 m Mary unknown

Angi McBride (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Acre
Looking for my elusive ACRE family. The line I'm researching is of William Acre m Mary unknown with children William, Elvira, John, Alexander, Nicholas and Elizabeth. Would love to hear any news.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions