Search for content in message boards

Hurley, Patrick 1832?

Hurley, Patrick 1832?

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 12:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hurley
Hi, am trying to track down my gggrandfather Patrick. He was sent to Van Diemons Land in 1850, after being convicted on 28 Nov 1848 in Cork. His convict records state he has a sister Catherine and mother is Mary Marney on his Death Certificate. Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Hurley, Patrick 1832?

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 2:33PM GMT
Hi,

Marney is unusual but would it appear like that due to bad writing and it could be Mahony or Mahoney

Any details on Catherine?

Cheers

Frank
BMDnotices.com

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 3:18PM GMT
Hi Frank, I have only recently discovered Catherine, and have no information on her. Found while rechecking convict records. As to Mary, it was on ancestry as Mary Marney, so until the Death cert. copy arrives, I was starting there. Thank you.

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 5:40AM GMT
Any information on Patrick or his family, (spelling variants included)from Cork, would be greatly appreciated. Need to break this wall down. Can email at genesfreak13@hotmail.com Thank you

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 9:26PM GMT
Hi there,

I've got a Julia Hurly b abt1837 Ballinhassig Cork Ireland who married John Sisk, born act 1838 also from Ballinhassig Cork.

They had 6 children, born between 1862 and 1878 at The Abby, Ballinhassig, Cork, Ireland. (Mary Sisk b 1878 is in my direct line)

Could your Patrick be connected to my Julia? (Their 2nd son is a Patrick if that helps with any kind of family naming conventions..)

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 9:44PM GMT
See
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KMSW-VWB
but might well not be connected. Getting the death cert would be useful

Frank
BMDnotices.com
admin@BMDnotices.com

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 4:19AM GMT
Thanks Terrygannetto, dont think its a match but will check it out. You never know :) Patrick was born 1831/32 to a Mary Marney/Mahoney or close to that, came out to Australia in 1850 so any Ireland connections are extremely hard to come by. Thanks.

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 4:29AM GMT
Thanks again :) I have tried through familysearch centres here in Aus to view the documents as I was hoping for a residence or next of kin, but havent been able to so far due to conflicting schedules. Its time we got him back on Irish soil, so to speak. This is my Patrick, http://foundersandsurvivors.org/pubsearch/convict/chain/om17... I have his death cert and all convict records as well as those of his wife Celia. Both seem to have no life before appearing in court. Thank you for all your help :)

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 7:38AM GMT

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 5:47AM GMT
Thank you, will look into that. Have come across two possibles but very hard to connect when you are not sure about areas, especially when the names are so basic. :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic