Search for content in message boards

Help

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 7:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Higgins O'Leary
Hi All

Are there any experts out there that can help me get around this brick wall I have hit? I can’t seem to find a birth/Death or any info on either census for my great grandmother Ellen Higgins or my Great Grandfather X2 Timothy O’Leary. I have found a few entries in the census but unfortunately they don’t make sense due to her being in her 50’s having her last child in 1926.
What I know:
Born Ellen Higgins to Timothy Higgins
Married to Eugene Harte in Cork City, June 1916
Lost her husband Eugene in Cork City, March 1920
Married Denis O’Leary, in Cork City April 1921 (Timothy is on the marriage cert but is deceased)
Died between 1926 and 1934 in Cork City but bore a child in 1926.

Cheers in advance Richard
Posted: 13 Mar 2013 10:18PM GMT
Hi,

Your dates are relatively "recent" and I believe for a smallish fee you can get data from www.groireland.ie to guide you with some definite data to work from.

Cheers

Frank
BMDnotices.com

Re: Help

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 11:30PM GMT
Hi bmdnotices
I have recently bought two certificates (birth of daughter) (marriage) and this had brought me this far however I can’t establish the correct dates to order anything more. Without mother’s maiden names on the BDM indexes is cant be sure of siblings and the Irish online census is giving me more questions than answers.
Cheers Richard

Re: Help- Higgins

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 9:15PM GMT
In my ancestry there is a Ann Higgins, born Nov. 1803 in Ballinvohir, Cork. She married William Kilmartin in 1845, in Cloyne, Cork. Her parents were Maurice Higgins and Mary Curtin. She had five children by William Kilmartin and when she died he married her sister Mary Higgins. if you think there is any connection please contact me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions