Search for content in message boards

DNA Matches from Cork

DNA Matches from Cork

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 10:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
For all of us who have Cork ancestors and who have done DNA testing with Ancestry, your raw data is now available. You can download it now, and in about a week you will be able to upload it to gedmatch dot com, which will permit you to compare it with the results of others who have tested with several companies. If you are unsure how to do this, check the DNA Research > Autosomal DNA message board, or send me a direct email and I can point you in the right direction.

If you haven't done DNA testing, please consider it, as it can help all of us to find those Cork connections.

Jim

Re: DNA Matches from Cork

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 1:15AM GMT
I just paid to have the kit sent to me. Can't wait to find out the results. I should have family (find matches) in Cork, Ireland. I'm a Harrington from Wisconsin...

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 2:38AM GMT
Great--I've tested with several companies and done some studying, so please let me know if I can help.

Jim Barry
With family from Barryroe, West Cork

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 9:14AM GMT
DNA testing has enabled me to zero in on an area of County Cork where church records have failed me.

Regards,
Jim
Gedmatch M091125

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 11:41AM GMT
I had a similar experience, Jim. DNA testing helped to resolve inconsistencies in the paper record, confirm my family's place of origin, and connect me to some Irish cousins with whom I now have an excellent relationship.

That's why I think it is an increasingly important part of the Irish family historian's tool kit.

Jim
Gedmatch F240232, M173111

PS--You and I are not related, according to Gedmatch.

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 1:58AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2013 10:32PM GMT
My great-great grandfather Michael Thomas Daly was from County Cork.

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 2:09AM GMT
Possible, though the segments are under the threshold of 7 cM so it could be a coincidence. You can check my public tree under my I'd jbarry6899.

Jim

Posted: 1 May 2013 2:07AM GMT
Jim Barry, can I download my DNA results from the test I took thru Ancetry?
regards, MaryPat

Posted: 1 May 2013 2:59AM GMT
Mary Pat, yes you can. If you go to the message board for autosomal DNA there is a lot on how to do it.

Jim

Posted: 1 May 2013 3:08AM GMT
Jim, thanks so much
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions