Search for content in message boards

Marriage Cert look up please if possible and any other info

Marriage Cert look up please if possible and any other info

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 10:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Apr 2013 11:08AM GMT
I have Herbert Arthur Bennett who married an Annie Grace Browne. Browne could have also been spelt without the e. I know for sure these two married but where or when is not known. In 1908 both Herbert and Annie are witnesses at my grandmother's wedding in Cork. I know for sure that Herbert was born in England in 1889 but was in the Army. Annie however was born in Ireland (not known exactly where) on 19 September 1884. Annie's parents were James and Catherine.

SINCE POSTING THIS MESSAGE I HAVE NOW FOUND THAT HERBERT AND ANNIE MARRIED IN PORTSMOUTH, ENGLAND. WOULD STILL BE INTERESTED IF ANYONE COULD PLEASE FIND ANNIES BIRTH ALTHOUGH I HAVE HER DATE OF BIRTH IT IS NOT KNOWN WHERE SHE WAS BORN. THANK YOU.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Kathryn

Re: Marriage Cert look up please if possible and any other info

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 2:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
With Annie Grace's date of birth and her maiden name you can check with an Irish History Foundation, fee based but not for profit. www.rootsireland.ie (only north east Cork)
You can search almost all of Ireland's counties with this information. A birth record will give you place/parish, and father's name and mother's maiden name.

www.irishgenealogy.ie - has Cork baptism and marriage records.

Griffith Valuation was done in Cork 1852, so I think the father James Browne who is Annie's father would not yet
have his own tenancy. There are quite a few Browne's in
Cork Co.www.askaboutireland.ie

Annette Code

Without more information place/parish I can go no further.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions