Search for content in message boards

Kinston Cemeteries

Kinston Cemeteries

Posted: 14 Sep 2013 6:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jordon, Faulkner
I need information on the cemeteries that are in Kinston. Looking at some death certificates and all the information given about burial is KINSTON. I checked FindAGrave and see that many cemeteries are just barely covered. Looking for burial place of Charles M Jordon and wife Sophia A Faulkner Jordon.

Re: Kinston Cemeteries

Posted: 16 Sep 2013 9:26PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Jordan, Faulkner
They are in Maplewood Cemetery. Check this: http://lenoir.lostsoulsgenealogy.com/cems/maplewoodcem.htm Page 12 if this doesn't take you directly to the page.

Glenn Fields

Posted: 20 Sep 2013 11:25PM GMT
Thanks so very much Glenn. It's been awhile since I have been on the Lenoir Co., page and couldn't find what I needed.

Posted: 21 Sep 2013 12:13AM GMT
Surnames: Grant
Glenn, Do you happen to know if there are many graves in the Maplewood Cemetery that haven't any stones. My Great Grandfather Tobe Grant's death certificate says he was buried there.
I was there on a short trip and only scanned the cemetery and never found a stone. He is noted in find-a-grave as being buried there.
Thanks for your help.

Mary Jane Poole

Posted: 1 Oct 2013 11:37PM GMT
I also have some there with no stones from the early 1900s. Your other option is local libraries in this area, I know New Bern's does, has microfilm or a book or something, I can't remember because I looked at it about ten years ago, but it lists who owned the plot, which would likely tell you what family was buried there. it also lists many names, deaths, reasons for death, etc. I would guess Lenoir Comm College would also have it. its like a puzzle, it will have a code next to the name and then you have to compare it to a map on in the same source.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions