Search for content in message boards

Five Morrow Men

Five Morrow Men

Posted: 16 Dec 2008 1:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morrow, Mckissick, BIllings, Draper, Gambrell
Hi
I’m looking for any information to help me purchase or borrow a copy of the latest edition of 'Five Morrow Men: With Some Descendants and Allied Families' by Naomi Morrow Hailey (I think the latest edition is 1982).

I’ve found a number of libraries around the country that have it, but since it is a genealogy book, I haven’t found any willing to send it via inter-library loan. So if any knows of a particular library willing to send it via inter-library loan, that would be great as well.

Many thanks in advance!
Greg Morrow
Austin Texas

Re: Five Morrow Men

Posted: 17 Dec 2008 2:37PM GMT
Surnames: Morrow
Mr. Morrow,
I found the Family History Library has a copy of it. You can call any LDS Church (Mormon Church) and ask for the phone number of the nearest Family History Center. I'm not exactly sure how it works (borrowing procedures and such) but they should be able to order it from Salt Lake City, if there isn't a copy closer. I don't know if you'll be able to borrow it and take it out or if it is only on microfiche/microfilm but you can ask all those questions.
Call Number: 929.273 M834a
Hope that helps,
Cheryl

Posted: 30 Dec 2008 3:56PM GMT
Greg,

I actually have a copy of the Five Morrow men. I am getting a copy made for my brother and trying to update it. My ancestors were from the Smith/Macon County TN area, but I am looking for any information that I can get to update. Please email me if interested or any ideas how I can get you a copy.

Posted: 15 Feb 2009 9:04PM GMT
Would you mind sharing some more detailed information on your Smith/Macon Co., TN MORROWs? Names; dates etc. would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Bill Morrow in Houston, TX

Posted: 15 Feb 2009 9:25PM GMT
Surnames: Morrow, Wallace/Wallis/Jay
Would you please provide more details of your Morrows of Smith Co.,TN ?

My ancestor, William Morrow died in Warren Co., TN in 1828 and his son, David, moved to Smith Co. from there. David is listed in the 1830 census of Smith Co., page 109. David moved to Marion Co., Missouri where he is listed on the 1840 census, page 65.
A male descendant of David's has provided a DNA sample and he is listed in the Morrow DNA study group.

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 6:47PM GMT
Surnames: Morrow.
The book you reguest may be available from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Check with your locall Family History Center. If Salt Lake has it they may all ready have a microfilm copy or be willing to make a copy which you could have sent to your local Family history center to read as you work out with the local personel.
Its one of the better ways to get information you can't go directly to. Hope this is a help.
My Mother was a Morrow; her line I believe came from Belfast, Ireland where they had a flax mill in late 1600's - 1700's.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions