Search for content in message boards

PIRTLE

Response to PIRTLE

Ardath Buckaway (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
PIRTLES of Knox Co. may have originated in Orange Co. I have several Pirtles. Please E-mail me if interested. Ardath
Posted: 24 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 12:11PM GMT

Looking for Pirtles in Knox Co, Indiana. My father Joe E. Pirtle grew up in Oaktown, just north of Vincennes. I know my grandfather is buried in Vincennes-Earnest William Pirtle- Dad's first family (my half sister and brothers) grew up in Oaktown also. Any info on any Pirtle is greatly welcomed
Thanks.

Re: PIRTLE

Rev. Donald R. Smith (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2003 11:55PM GMT
Jacob Linder Pirtle and Lydia A Ferree Pirtle are buried in Sullivan Co, Indiana in the Pirtle Family Cemetery which is outside Pleasantville, In south of Sandborn, In. Jacob Linder Pirtle is the son of Henry and Mary Viney Pirtle who lived in Washington Co. KY. near Springfield, KY. This family has a very interesting history. Some of the Pirtles are also buried in two cemeteries near Paxton, IN. One is the Paxton cemetery the other is the Boone Cemetery. I have enjoyed researching this line. I am a direct descendant of Jacob L.

Don

Sandy (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2003 6:16AM GMT
My grandmother was a Pirtle. Her parents are buried in Providence Cemetery in Paxton. I have pictures of the gravestone. William and Rebecca Pirtle. William's parents were James and Elizabeth. I have other Pirtle info if you are still working on that line. You may e-mail directly.
Posted: 8 May 2006 7:51PM GMT
Surnames: Pirtle, Grizzle, Lone, Gore
My maternal aunt Thelma Lone Grizzle had children by Joe Pirtle, I believe. Gene Pirtle was a son; he is buried in Oaktown Cemetary, he was married to Wanda McClure and had 3 or 4 children. Gene Jr. is deceased, Sandy is living as far as I know, and I don't remember the other names.

Also a son named Don Pirtle, also deceased.
Also a daughter Joanne Pirtle
She then married a Noel Grizzle and had Butch Grizzle and Mary Ellen Grizzle.

Posted: 8 May 2006 8:05PM GMT
Surnames: Pirtle
Joe Pirtle fathered three children with Thelma Faye Lone:

Don Pirtle D
Joanne Pirtle L
Gene Pirtle D

Each had children.

You may reply to my email for additional information.

Posted: 3 Apr 2011 4:47AM GMT
Hello, I do hope this reaches you as I see it has been a while since you posted.
Thelma was my father's first wife. This past summer I found the grave of thier son Donald Wayne. you say Gene is buried in Oaktown? I know Joann is living in Florida now. Do you know what happened to Gene's wife Wanda? Any dates you can share? Was nice to find Thelma's maiden name. A very odd thing.. since i did not grow up with my father.. I live down the road now from Butch.. same road that Gene's son, Jerry lived on.. of course Jerry is now gone too.
Posted: 3 Apr 2011 12:48PM GMT
Who is this? It has been a while since I was on Ancestry.
I believe Wanda lives in Florida too, though I do not know the location. That "9 degrees of separation" I believe it was called is proven frequently regarding people finding relatives/friends. I do know Wanda's sister passed (Peggy Brown) this last summer at Oaktown. Best regards. KW

Posted: 3 Apr 2011 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: Pirtle Cooksey
My gggrandfather Vincent Henry Cooksey married Margaret A. Pirtle March 10,1864 in Owen Co,IN. Children Elmer,Albert,Thomas,Nancy Dell,Sarah Bell,Otto Ross,Walter, Florence,Irvin,Lulu Louise.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic