Search for content in message boards

Thursday Blizzard & Preston Robinson - Smyth Co, VA

Thursday Blizzard & Preston Robinson - Smyth Co, VA

Posted: 10 May 2002 1:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blizzard, Robinson, Hobson, Foster
I am looking for any information on Thursday Blizzard and Preston Robinson. Thursday (possible nickname) was married to Preston Robinson. They had several children: Laun L. (a/k/a Lonnie, Robert and other names) born 1899 to 1901 (He used different dates on different documents), Charles I. (born appro. 1903), Grace (born appro. 1897), Louie and Preston born appro. 1897(who married a woman named Della.)

Thursday Blizzard's parents were Charles Blizzard (born appro. 1832; died 2 Dec 1901 in Smyth County, VA) and Sarah Foster (born appro. 1845 in Wythe County, VA).

I cannot find any information on Thursday or her husband Preston Robinson.

In a 1910 census for Smyth County, the children are living with their grandmother Sarah Foster Blizzard, along with her son George W. Blizzard (born appro. 1886)

I am looking for any information on this family line. My grandfather was Laun L. (He used the name Robert Robinson during my lifetime though). If you have any information, please contact me at synthia_robinson_pack@hotmail.com.

My family has told me that the Smyth County courthouse burned down so there are no documents available. Does anyone know how I could get information on this family? I do not have the actual dates of birth so how can I find out more information? I live overseas so I cannot go to a library. Currently I am doing all my research online.

I would also like to share any information that I may have with others in this family line. Just email me.

Any help would be appreciate. THank you.

Sincerely,
Synthia Robinson-Pack
email: synthia_robinson_pack@hotmail.com

Re: Thursday Blizzard & Preston Robinson - Smyth Co, VA

B J HALL (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2002 10:17PM GMT
Searching for a Watt or Don Blizzard who lived in and around Oak Hill WV
also had a sister Ora who married Millard Waugh

B J Hall

Synthia Robinson-Pack (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2002 11:18PM GMT
Surnames: Blizzard, Robinson, Hobson, Foster
I am sorry but I don't have any information on Watt or Don Blizzard. I will keep my eyes open for it though.

Glen Kirk (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2003 3:08PM GMT
Surnames: Blizzard, Foster, Terry, Kirk
Synthia,
I am also looking for information about Charles Blizzard and Sarah Foster (my Great Great Great Grandparents maternal). My family seems to be rather tight lipped about things, it makes me wonder what I may find. I was just home for our Thanksgiving holiday and found, in my Aunt's bible, the basic info for Charles and Sarah. I also found them in an 1880 census. It seems they actually lived in Wythe County rather than Smyth so you may find some information that way. The city was Speedwell. During this time Wythe County was much larger than it is today so there may be some crossover in which county is called what when you look it up. If you've been able to find more information I would love to get as much as I can. Thank you.
Glen A. Kirk
Chicago, IL

Posted: 14 Jan 2010 2:41AM GMT
Surnames: Blizzard, Jones
Her name is Thursa Jane Blizzard and his name is Mitchell Preston Robinson. Charles Isaac Blizzard was married to Sarah Frances Jones according to my father's family. His oldest brother spent time with Sarah and is the root of my information. Charles was first married in Tazewell County, VA, to Levina Claypool. I don't know what happened to this marriage. Sarah married Charles in Sullivan County, TN but there's no record - the Yankees burned the records. Sarah gave this info when she applied for a Confederate Widow's Pension. Charles and Sarah Blizzard are my paternal great grandparents. I am curious as to the origination of the name "Foster" for Sarah. Could Sarah have been married before she married Charles Blizzard? I have been searching almost fifty years for Sarah's parents, and if anyone can help I would appreciate it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions