Search for content in message boards

Edward William Bowes Jr

Edward William Bowes Jr

Posted: 20 Jul 2003 12:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BOWES
I am looking for any information about my father Edward William Bowes Jr. His parents were Lessie Marie Bowes and Ed Bowes Sr. My father was born May 1934 (?).
He and my mother divorcd in 1958. I have tried to call family in Ohio without luck. I am trying to research the Bowes side of my family tree, and cannot find the necessary links.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
My father has the following siblings:Harry (deceased), Lewis, John, Tommy, Beverley, Margaret, Robert and Larry.

Re: Edward William Bowes Jr

Judy Bowes (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2003 9:08PM GMT
Surnames: Bowes, originally from Helmsley
My late husband was Patrick Bowes, has a brother Edward, family came from Middlesborough, but we thought it originally came from the Helmsley, North Yorkshire area, and many years ago went to the churchyard in Helmsley church where many Bowes' were buried, including, Edward, Charles (also one of the names of my late husband's brothers, and Jordan Bowes which i thought was quite unusual a name for that era. Anyway probably not the same line but still interesting.

Becky Carson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2003 9:59PM GMT
Surnames: Bowes, Carson
Have you looked into the possibility you are descended from Valentine J. Bowes born 1891 and Florence M. Wetmore born 1889? They had a son named Edward. They lived in the Toledo, Ohio area.
Becky

Posted: 1 Nov 2004 11:04PM GMT
Have you been able to come up with any connections yet? My father had a cousin named Edward William Bowes, born 20 Aug. 1905 in Meadville, Pennsylvania. His father moved the family to the Cleavland, Ohio, area before 1918. I do not have any marriage info on Edward but a check of the 1930 Census indicates he may have been a soldier stationed in the Canal Zone at that time. The basic info checks with the little that I have on him. Also the SSDI shows an Edward W. Bowes from Ohio with the above birth date. I do have info on this Edward's siblings, parents, and Bowes side ancestry should you wish to pursue this.

Posted: 4 Apr 2006 12:51AM GMT
Surnames: Bowes
Hey, contact me. I may be able to help with your search. Joseph Bowes came from England and is an ancestor of yours. William Bowes - Joseph Bowes - Edward, Sr. - Edward, Jr. Hope to hear from you soon.

Posted: 23 May 2006 9:09AM GMT
Surnames: Bowes
Please contact me.
rabitgrl@aol.com

Posted: 10 Jun 2008 4:58PM GMT
Surnames: Bowes, Roseberry
Becky,

My father was Edward Bowes Jr. His father was Edward Bowes Senior. His grandfather was Joseph Henry Bowes, whose father was William Bowes from Yorkshire England.

I guess I have a great deal on the paternal side, mostly looking for the maternal side now. Grandmother was Lessie Marie Roseberry from North Carolina.

Thank you for your input.
Charmaine

Posted: 16 Oct 2008 9:46AM GMT
Charmaine, Sweetheart, call me....
To my knowledge none of mom's family came from North Carolina.
Lessie Marie had several siblings.
I can only remember a few.
Try looking for
Jessie Sister, older than mom. Probably died in California.
Married a man named PITT, divorced from him and Married a man named Clearance, but forgot his last name. She had several kids but one in particular was William Pitt. (lost his legs in the Army.) Last known adress was Norwalk Ohio.
Bessie, last name unknown, (possibly Krunk or Crunk) Lived in Ashtabula, Ohio at her death and is buried there.
They were Jessie Bessie and Lessie in order.
Then there was a much younger sister named Shirley. Shirley was married to TED (Theodore) She died when she was 29 of a heart attack. She is buried in Sugar Grove, Pennsylvania.
She had a Brother named William Roseberry jr., Uncle Bill, named for your great grampa. last known to be in Van Nuys, California. There was also Robert Roseberry. One of them weas a big wheel at Bendix Aviation Corporation in California.
Now for Lessie Marie..... She was a Roseberry, and trace that back to James Buchanan, Jr, President of the USA and you got the right line.
Look for Mcann's, Buchanan's, Roseberry's. These were all from Southern PA, West Virginia and Virginia and a little of Kentucky. One final tid-bit... The Hatfield and McCoys....lol... Yep, you're a "real McCoy."

Uncle T

Posted: 16 Oct 2008 10:05AM GMT
Tim,
That information is correct.
Edward Sr. and Lessie M. are my parents.
Ed and Lessie were married July 22, 1933 in Meadville.
dad was 28 and Mom was 16. Grampa said they would only be married 6 weeks at best.
Well we all know they had thier share of difficulties, but they remained together till the end.
email me at cedar@joplin.com and I'll forward a phone number if you like.
I am Thomas. The seventh child between Beverly and Margaret.
I was born August 29, 1947.

Posted: 23 Dec 2008 8:09AM GMT
Hi. I am your cousin Michael. My father was John. My brother is Edward William Bowes III. I have decided to do a little research myself as I have heard some stories of our background. I do not know whether or not you will get this post as you started the thread in 2003. I'll be in touch if possible.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions