Search for content in message boards

Kitts from Tennessee

Kitts from Tennessee

Amy Simmons (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2003 12:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Simmons, Howell, Kitts.
I am looking for Irene Gladys Kitts. She was born 1900's. Either 1915 or 1919 not quite sure on that. She died in Nov of 1990, She was born in Knoxville, Tn. and she is buried in Maynardville, Tn. In the 1922 census she was 7 and she had a brother named Troy, her mothers name was Leta, And her fathers name was just an initial that can't be understood. She married a Merritt, and then she married a Fred Edward Simmons. With the Merritt she had a daughter named Virgie. The Simmons she had 10 kids, Donny, Paul, David, George (died as a baby), Brenda, Linda, Lois, Joyce, Freddie, and Roy. Any info on Irene Kitts and her parents would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time. God bless you.

Re: Kitts from Tennessee

Amy A. Simmons (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2003 12:44AM GMT
Surnames: Kitts, Adams, Howells
This is a follow up on my last message. Irene's parents are D. Carter Kitts and Maud Leta Lay. In the 1930 census of Knox Co., Knoxville, Tn. It is D. Kitts and Leta. And Irene's brother named Troy. Irene was born in 1922, D. was born in 1874, Leta was born in 1885, Troy was born in 1919. Any info on any of these Kitts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for you time. God bless you.
Sincerely Yours,
Amy

Verla (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2003 10:17PM GMT
Amy, I have looked through the 1880 Union and Grainger census records to try to find your D. Carter Kitts. There are a few males that were born around 1874, but none close to that name; uness the D could actually be an S for Samuel. From the family names you are mentioning, it sounds like he does belong to the Union/Grainger Kittses instead of the LaFollete group. Any more clues we might use? Verla

Amy Simmons (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2003 10:52PM GMT
Surnames: Kitts, Howells, and Adams
Okay I will do that. Thank you for your time. God bless you.

Amy Simmons (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2003 10:59PM GMT
Surnames: Kitts, Howells, and Adams
Verla,

I don't have much on D. Carter Kitts or his wife. What I do have on them, is what I found on the 1930 Census, in Knoxville, Knox Co., Tn. But the Kitts family is from Union Co., that much I do know. No one in the family can remember anything about the Kitts. The Simmons and Kitts in-laws did'nt like the other in-laws. So the my husband and the rest of the Simmons Children didn't have much of family on the Kitts side. I found out everything on the Simmons cause they knew the Simmons but not much of the Kitts.
Thank you for your time and God bless you.
Amy

Posted: 11 Jul 2006 1:59PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2006 2:07PM GMT
Surnames: Kitts From TN
I am looking for Kitts family info. Lee Kitts b.1919 in union Co.tn.d. 1982 in Monroe, Mi. son of Berry and Ada Kitts .Other siblings are Francis, Cloy , Ruby, Fate, Edward, union co. TN Any help will be appreciated.

Amy (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2006 8:03PM GMT
I am sorry. I don't have much on the Kitts. So I don't know any of those. I am trying to find out info on my Kitts. No one in the family knows anything. Sorry I can't help you.

Verla (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2006 1:27AM GMT
Surnames: Kitts
Marilyn, (As)berry Kitts' parents were William and Elizabeth Kitts. Take a look at http://www.kittslegacy.com/07152006/07072002/william/william... and click on the link to 'William Kitts born 1835' to see my attempt at tracing his roots. Hope this helps. Verla
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions