Search for content in message boards

widener photo

widener photo

Posted: 9 Oct 2001 10:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Apr 2002 8:18PM GMT
i have a photo here a a group of widener from widener valley. i do not know who any of them are. can anyone here help me?

Re: widener photo

Phillip Widener Powers (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2002 9:34PM GMT
Surnames: Widener, Rouse, DeBusk, Meek, Powers
Lisa,
email me the picture. I will put it on my site and see if any of the members know who thy are.
Phil
email---va21stcav@triad.rr.com

Posted: 6 Aug 2003 1:06AM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2003 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: Widener
Hello , I am the Grand daughter of Clifford & Minnie Widener and His parent were from Wideners Valley . I also have these names in our tree . would you please send what you have to see if they match? I have just started our tree and it has the names of Thomas & Barlow in them from Rush Creek. any information I will be greatful for ,. Thank You ,Jenny

Phillip H. Widener Powers (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2003 9:22PM GMT
Jenny,
I have a website, Wideners Valley Family Website.
Send me a little of your history, parent names, grandparents, etc. If you would like an invitation I will send you one. The site is restricted to folk who live in the valley, from the valley, or can trace their roots back to it. I will also need your email address, so that I can send the invite.

Posted: 7 Aug 2003 4:50PM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2003 1:16AM GMT
Thank You very much. My grand parents are Clifforfd Paul Widener & Nancy Minnie Faye Barlow .
His parent are : Martin Lee Widener & Carrie Rouse
Martin's parents were Robert Walter Joel Widener and Rissie Rouse { this i am not sure of }
Her parentsare: Llyod Emory Barlow & Ruthie Nettie Mae Thomas.
I have not found any thing on Nettie or Llyods parents yet .
I would be very greatful if you would send me an invation to you web sight . here is my e-mail address jennybo@ntelos.net
Thank You .

carol spiker (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2004 12:31AM GMT
sir,

do you have any information on Lillie Widener. She
was the daughter of George Widener...I believe
his ancestors date back to those in Widener Valley.

George married Matilda...if believe she was his 2nd wife.

They had several children, the youngest mentioned is
Samantha, born in or about 1879. I do believe that
George and Matilda are the parents of my great grandmother,
Lillie Mae Widener who was born in 1883....or I've
heard mentioned it may have been 1881. Here grave stone
says 1883. She is buried here in Lawrence Kansas where
I was born and raised. The Widener's I am speaking of
lived for a time in High Prairie Township, or Leavenworth
County Kansas. My grandmother (Lillie's daughter) Irene
Mae Silvers was born in Leavenworth County.
I'm rambling... but I was just wondering if you could tell
me anything of Lillie or her family. I would like to confirm
that I am part of the Widener family from Widener's Valley.
Thank you. Carol

Posted: 25 Jan 2008 2:16AM GMT
Phillip H. Widener Powers,
I would love to see your wedsite, My family is from GladeSprings Virgina, Widener Valley in Washington County..
My granfather was the late Grover Widener who lived in Gladesprings and had my father Harry H Widener and my Aunts and Uncles. Married Bertie Heath Widener, relative to Charles Heath somehow? I have a very interesting family tree, would love to know more?

Email me @ TEC1226@AOL.COM

Posted: 16 May 2008 10:16PM GMT
Surnames: Widener, Owen, Owen
phillip H Widener Powers i would also like to se your website My email address is Sl_widener@hotmail.com. I have traced my Usbands family back to john thaddeus Widener who married Obedience Owen. Hope to hear from you soon we are having a reunion in Indiana in the summer or 2009 and would like to get alot of the widener Infomation together

Posted: 18 Jun 2008 6:53AM GMT
hey this is chenoa68. i too am a descendant of john thaddeus by way of his i believe second wife mary rouse. my grand dad was from clinch mountain. i have been trying to find information about my great grandparents russell and mary jane widener. particularly mary jane. my uncle and i have had a heck of a time trying to find anything about who her people were. good luck in your search. Oh your husband is related to the wideners that were on the titanic. george dunstan and eleanor elkins widener. george's great granddad was john thad's brother michael. cool eh?

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 5:21PM GMT
I am a descendant of john thaddeus by way of his i believe wife Obedience /Owen/ their son Phillip /Widener birth:22 February 1813 Virginia spouse: Winnie /Meek/ birth:18 August 1818 marriage:about 1838 their son Noah B /Widener birth: about 1842 Virginia spouse: Lucinda /Ward/ had a son William Porter Widener was my Grand Father his 2 nd wife Effie C Sprigg

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions