Search for content in message boards

Keyword Search?

Keyword Search?

Posted: 11 Aug 2006 5:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
I used to love the keyword option on the search because I coudl search for people if I didn't know their names, but place they lived, or street name, or soemthing like that. Is ther esome way to do this that I am not seeing with the "new and improved system?" Which I am finding increasingly worthless.
Thanks
Jennifer

Re: Keyword Search?

Posted: 11 Aug 2006 10:01PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 16 Nov 2011 8:47PM GMT

Posted: 11 Aug 2006 10:12PM GMT
Yeah, I am not even remotely a professional researcher yet aparently I should be considered one of the "advanced researchers" because pretty much everything they are promising in the "soon to be released" Advanced settings are the things that I want.

Oh, now that I think of it, everything they are promising us in the new "soon to be released" Advanced settings are all the things they took away with these latest changes.

I did find the info about Keyword Searches, but didn't like the answer. Aargh is right.

Slowly but surely trying to maneuver thru the new system but I just can't figure out if I am getting the data I am supposed to get because some searches for people I KNOW are in there no longer come up, exact search or no.

-Jennifer

Posted: 12 Aug 2006 3:34PM GMT
Yup, that has been my experience. Ggg grandpa has vanished into thin air.

But last night I found that Ancestry World Tree displays in the Family tree tab right below One World Tree! Awesome! I know it wasn't there a week ago. Just maybe they have been reading our comments.

Posted: 12 Aug 2006 4:19PM GMT
wow! thanks...I didnt even notice that ancestry world tree was there... if it was a snake it would bit me....

Posted: 14 Aug 2006 1:31AM GMT
Yes!!! They must have been listening because that was my biggest gripe that Ancestry World Tree had been relegated to second tier status while the paid subscription OneWorldTree was the focus. I am so glad you found that. I have been out of the loop for about 3 days. Folks, I think our "Suggestions" were taken into account. I cannot account for the change otherwise, can y'all. Way to go Ancestry.com-bravo

Posted: 14 Aug 2006 1:33AM GMT
I really do think they have been looking at our not so subtle "Suggestions" . I am really, really, glad to see AWT back in its proper place. OneWorldTree should be there too and if it is updated, it will work much better.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions