Search for content in message boards

early Bristol Campbells

early Bristol Campbells

David Glasser (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Campbell
I am seeking any information on the earliest (17th Century)Campbells in Bristol County, Massachusetts; particularly the parents of Ebenezer Campbell (husband of Hannah Pratt) and Sylvanus Campbell (husband of Mary Leonard)

Re: early Bristol Campbells

Posted: 29 Sep 2002 3:50AM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2002 9:45AM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, Leonard
Just wondering if you found any information on the early Campbells of Bristol County, MA? I desend through Sylvanis CAMPBELL's daughter, Rachel.

I've heard that Sylvanis' wife was probably not Mary LEONARD or at least not the daughter of Soloman LEONARD. Have you heard anything about his? People keep trying to connect Mary a Mayflower family (daughter married a Leonard) but there was an unrelated LEONARD family in Bristol Co., MA that seems like a more likely fit, if Mary was indeed a LEONARD.

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 11:59PM GMT
I too question the "fact" that Mary, wife of Sylvanus Campbell was a Leonard. I can find no authoritative documentation on that. If someone has some proof, can you please share it. I'd love to have the source.

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 4:07PM GMT
Their is a Mary U. Stampley Married to Edward Loftus Leonard. They Lived in Jefferson County Mississippi. Her people were from Ireland. Edward Loftus Leonard was my great great grandfather.
I am James V. Leonard
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions