Looking for parents and other ancestors of Abraham Miller, b abt. 1806 in Virginia and wife Jane ?, b abt 1805 in Virginia.
1860 census of Gilmer County (W)Va shows birthplace for both Abraham & Jane as Randolph County, Virginia. They were not present in 1850 census. It is believed family moved to Gilmer County in 1854.
Children: 1. Preston G. Miller b. July 13, 1833 - Rockbridge County, VA -m. Rebecca Wiant June 15, 1859 in Gilmer County
2. Edward Miller b. abt 1834 - Rockbridge County, VA m. Rachael ?
3. Andrew Miller, b. abt 1835 - Rockbridge County, VA d. in Civil War - m. Phebe Luzzader July 28, 1859 in Gilmer Co
4. George W. Miller, b. abt 1836 - Rockbridge County, VA, m. Emily Wiant b. abt.1843
5. Henry Miller, b. abt 1841 - Rockbridge County, VA, m. Margaret ? b. abt 1850
6. .Margaret Miller, b. abt 1842 - Rockbridge, VA
The last trace I have of Abraham and Jane is the 1880 Gilmer County WV census showing them living with their 20 year old grandson, Preston, one of 2 sons of Andrew Miller my gggrandfather, who was killed in Civil War. I
would like to find their date of death and place of burial as well as any other information about this family. I am also specialy interested in date of death and place
of burial of Andrew and any information about his wartime service to the Confederacy.
I have extensive information on descendant's of Andrew's son William Thomas(Dink) Miller which I am willing to share.
Any information will be greatly appreciated.