Search for content in message boards

VAJGRT, PESHEL

VAJGRT, PESHEL

Michael R. Vajgrt (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching the VAJGRT and PESHEL families who came to Marshall county in the 1880s and farmed land south-east of Marshalltown in the early 1900s. I am looking for information on the location of the farms as well as any other geneological information and/or stories.

VAJGRT, PESHEL

Posted: 8 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2002 11:58AM GMT
Surnames: Stodola, Sebetka, Dostal, Kosnar, Stepanek, Pulkrabek, Podhajsky, Kvidera, Kubik, Dvorak
1 John VAJGRT
—————————————————————————————————————————————
Residence: Bohemia; Marshalltown, IA

Children: John

Fannie (1866-1922)

1.1 John VAJGRT

Spouse: Mary PESHEL

Children: John Edward (1892-)

1.1.1 John Edward VAJGRT
Birth: 19 Jun 1892, Ferguson, IA1
Occ: Farmer
Residence: Garwin, IA

Spouse: Ella VLASAK
Birth: 5 Apr 1899, Tama Co., IA, US1
Occ: Homemaker
Residence: Carroll Twp, Tama, IA; Garwin, IA
Father: Louis F. VLASAK
Mother: Fanny CHALUPNICK (1876-)

Vajgrt-Vlasak

John E. Vajgrt, of Garwin, and Miss Ella Vlasak, of Carroll township, were married this week by Mayor W. H. Gelvin in his office in Marshalltown, Iowa. The couple were accompanied by Mr. and Mrs. E. Peshel, of Garwin. The young man came from Wisconsin, where his people are living but has been employed on the Peshel farm near Garwin the past two years. The bride is the only daughter of Mrs. L. F. Vlasak, of Carroll township. The couple have leased the Blake farm, two miles east of Garwin, and will take charge the first of March. [Traer Star-Clipper, 17 February 1922]2

Marr: Feb 1922, Marshalltown, Marshall, IA, US

Children: Leonard E. (1934-)

1.1.1.1 Leonard E. VAJGRT
Birth: 6 May 1934, Clutier, Tama, IA, US
Occ: Trucker
Reli: Catholic

Spouse: Mary Francis STEPANEK
Birth: 27 Jan 1926, Traer, Tama, IA, US
Reli: Catholic
Father: Wesley John STEPANEK (1888-1962)
Mother: Marie Anna PULKRABEK (1894-1985)
Marr: 12 Oct 1954, St. Joseph Church, Chelsea, Tama, IA, US

Children: Leonard Wayne (1955-)

Barbara Helen (1959-)

John Ray (1963-)

1.1.1.1.1 Leonard Wayne VAJGRT
Birth: 16 Aug 1955, Mercy Hospital, Marshalltown, Marshall, IA, US

Spouse: Marsha KREIGEL
Marr: 23 Aug 1975, St. Patrick's Church, Tama, Tama, IA, US
Div: 12 Apr 1981

Children: Angela Mae (1978-)

1.1.1.1.1.1 Angela Mae VAJGRT
Birth: 16 Aug 1978

1.1.1.1.2 Barbara Helen VAJGRT
Birth: 23 Aug 1959, Marshalltown, Marshall, IA, US

1.1.1.1.3 John Ray VAJGRT
Birth: 28 Nov 1963, Marshalltown, Marshall, IA, US

1.2 Fannie VAJGRT
Birth: 8 Apr 1866, Bohemia
Death: Oct 1922, Garwin, Tama, IA, US
Burial: Rock Valley Cemetery, Marshalltown, Marshall, IA, US
Occ: Homemaker
Reli: Christian
Residence: Nr Ferguson, IA; 2.5 Mi SE Garwin, IA

Mrs. Joseph Peshel

Mrs. Fannie Vajgrt Peshel, wife of Joseph Peshel, died at her home, two and one-half miles southeast of Garwin, last week as briefly noted in the Garwin department of the Star-Clipper. The funeral was held at the Christian church at Garwin and burial was in the Rock Valley cemetery, east of Marshalltown. Mrs. Peshel was born in Bohemia April 8, 1866. She came to live with relatives near Marshalltown when she was a young woman, and was married to Mr. Peshel in 1889. They lived near Ferguson until twelve years ago, when they moved to the farm near Garwin where Mrs. Peshel died. Mr. Peshel and seven children survive. The latter are Ludvik, Joseph Jr., Andrew, Elias, Evelyn, and Albina and Mrs. Fanny Tichy, all of whom, except Mrs. Tichy,live near Garwin. Mrs. PeshelÂ’s father, John Vajgrt, of Marshalltown, and one brother, John Vajgrt, of Codott, Wis., also are living, as are five half brothers and one half sister. [Traer Star-Clipper, 27 October 1922]2

Spouse: Joseph PESHEL
Occ: Farmer
Residence: Nr Ferguson; 2.5 Mi SE Garwin, IA
Marr: 1889, Marshall County, IA, US

Children: Ludvik

Joseph

Andrew

Elias

Evelyn

Albina

Fannie

1.2.1 Ludvik PESHEL
Residence: Nr Garwin, Tama, IA, US

1.2.2 Joseph PESHEL Jr.

1.2.3 Andrew PESHEL

1.2.4 Elias PESHEL

1.2.5 Evelyn PESHEL

1.2.6 Albina PESHEL

1.2.7 Fannie PESHEL

Spouse: Unknown TICHY

1. Date: 1935
Type: Tama County Assessor's Survey
Quality: Survey was made for the benefit of the Old Age Pension Fund, as required at that time by Section 34 and 35, Senate File #42, Acts of Secial Session of the 45th General Assembly.
2. Date: 1997
Type:The Traer Star-Clipper, Microfilm

Vajgrt/Tichy

Posted: 4 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jun 2002 12:14AM GMT
Surnames: Vajgrt, Tichy
I went to school with some Vajgrts and some Tichys as a child in Marshalltown, IA USA (1964-1977). E-mail me if you want more info...

dostal surname

beverly (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dostal

I am researching the surname of Dostal. My husband's grandmother was Emma Dostal and she had two other sisters, Rose and Jennie. Their fathers name was Louis Dostal. Any similarities, please contact me. Thanks.

beverly@megsinet.net

Emma Dostal Krezek

Posted: 25 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2002 11:58AM GMT
Surnames: Dostal, Stodola, Sebetka, Kosnar, Pavlicek
Emma Dostal Kresek had a sister Rose (b. 1884) and two more sisters for whom I don't have the first names. The family was located in Tama county which is close to Marshall county. If this obituary provides a link, let me know. I have more.

Death Takes Wife of Farmer Near Clutier
Mrs. Jos. Krezek Succumbs In Hospital Following Operation for Ruptured Appendix

Mrs. Joseph Krezek, 49 years old, a resident of the Clutier neighborhood all her life, died at 8 oÂ’clock yesterday morning in Allen Memorial hospital in Waterloo, where she underwent an operation Friday night of last week. Mrs. Krezek was taken ill of appendicitis while in Clutier Thursday night during the band concert, and was removed to the Waterloo hospital in the Boettcher ambulance Friday afternoon. The operation revealed an advanced case. The appendix was ruptured and gangrenous, and the patientÂ’s condition following the operation remained critical.
The funeral is to be held at 10 oÂ’clock Saturday morning at St. Vaclav catholic church in Carroll township, in charge of Rev. Father Thomas Vopatek, of Clutier. Burial will be in St. Vaclav cemetery.
Mrs. Krezek, who was Emma Dostal before her marriage, was a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Dostal, deceased, and a native of Tama county. She was born and reared on a farm southwest of Clutier, and was married thirty-one years ago to Joseph Krezek, who survives. She was the mother of two living sons, Ed and Charles. Her mother, Mrs. Mary Dostal, a resident of Tama county more than sixty years, died in April of this year at Clutier at the age of 87. Mrs. KrezekÂ’s father died in 1902. There are five sisters living - Mrs. Ed OÂ’Hearn, Clutier; Mrs. Tom Scholey, Omaha; Mrs. Frank Krezek and Mrs. Fred Powell, of the Clutier neighborhood; and Mrs. James Simek, of Tama. Mrs. Joseph Borisky, of Tama, and Mrs. Mike Caslavka Sr., of Clutier, both deceased, were sisters.
All of Mrs. KrezekÂ’s married life was spent on the Krezek farm near Clutier. She passed her 49th birthday in January. [Traer Star Clipper; 7 August 1931]
Posted: 25 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 3:15PM GMT
Surnames: Dostal
Hi, I am searching for information on Alois Dostal, Johanna Dostal, Anna Dostal. Are these people in your family? Would like to hear from you.. thanks

tichy ancestors

Posted: 27 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2001 12:54AM GMT
Surnames: Tichy, Zenihlik
I am searching my Tichy ancestors. My grandfather was Charles Tichy b. 1889 and was one of 4 sons to Anton Tichy and Annie Zenihlik.
Any information you may have regarding the Tichys would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your time.
Sincerely,
Michelle Fucarino
mictomgab@aol.com
Posted: 1 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2005 5:13PM GMT
Surnames: Dvorak
Seeking data on Anna Bertha Dvorak Thomas who lived in either Marshall or Marion County, Iowa. She was born in 1874 and married George Wells Ward in Marion County, Iowa, on May 23, 1895.

Re: VAJGRT, PESHEL

Dolore Peshel Nunes (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2001 9:41AM GMT
Surnames: PESHEL,. VAJGRT, ZASTERA
If you go up to Conrad, Ia. to the Genealogical Society, they have Platte maps in BIG Books. In the back of these there are Pictures and descriptions of the family and the farms. I recall one which has aerial photos of some farms, The geographical coordinates are in there , too, The counties should have actual locations under Land records. When you buy a house you can get copies. GOOD LUCK Oh, by the way---where are you on the family tree? Are you From Ben Vajgrt's line or ??? I am the grandaughter of Joseph Peshel and Fannie Vajgrt of Garwin, I am now 71 -

Re: VAJGRT, PESHEL

Posted: 3 Jan 2002 11:16PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2005 4:04PM GMT
Dolore,
Thanks for the information. We go to Conrad every other year for the reunion. This year it will be July 13th. We will check at the society then. I am the great-grandson of John Vajgrt (and Mary Theresa Peshel) who was Fannie Vajgrt's older brother.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions