Search for content in message boards

STEINMETZ, STIMATZE, etc. - "Looking for Cousins!"

STEINMETZ, STIMATZE, etc. - "Looking for Cousins!"

Posted: 7 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jul 2005 10:55PM GMT
Surnames: CHANNELL, HARPER, STEINMETZ, STIMATZE

"Hello again Cousins!"

Am engaged in an on-going effort to trace HARPER family descendants. Might any one of you recognize this Gentry Co., MO, family? Am hoping to be able to eventually identify the spouses for all the children of this
family, and their descendants for at least one additional generation, if I might be so fortunate, for the benefit of future generations of family researchers.

Descendants of John STEINMETZ and Elizabeth CHANNELL

1. John STEINMETZ, born abt 1828 in , , OH He married Elizabeth CHANNELL, born 20 Oct 1829 in , Knox, OH; died 21 Feb 1925, daughter of Isom CHANNELL and Eve HARPER.

Notes for John STEINMETZ / STIMATZE
Lived at McFall, Gentry Co., MO.

1870 Gentry Co., MO census, Miller TWP, p 630. (John STIMATZE)
1880 Gentry Co., MO census, Miller TWP, 12-80/8-17. (John STIMATZE)

Notes for Elizabeth CHANNELL
HHRCV, p 2.

Children of John STEINMETZ and Elizabeth CHANNELL were as follows:

2 i William J. STEINMETZ, born abt 1852 in , , OH.

3 ii Henry H. STEINMETZ, born abt 1854 in , , OH.

4 iii Amanda M. STEINMETZ, born abt 1856 in , , OH.

5 iv Almos H. STEINMETZ, born abt 1859 in , , OH.

6 v John F. STEINMETZ, born abt 1861 in , , OH.

7 vi Isaac W. STEINMETZ, born abt 1863 in , , OH.

8 vii Mary E. STEINMETZ, born abt 1865 in , , OH.

9 viii Rosa E. STEINMETZ, born abt 1867 in , , OH.

10 ix Emma E. STEINMETZ, born abt 1869 in , Gentry, MO.

11 x Lorinda STEINMETZ, born abt 1872 in , Gentry, MO.

Thank you for any and all help or assistance you might lend in our family's search for "Immigrant Ancestors and their Descendants!"

TTYL

Craig

"Always looking for Cousins!"

Re: STEINMETZ, STIMATZE, etc. - "Looking for Cousins!"

Posted: 21 Sep 2004 8:05PM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2006 3:39PM GMT
Surnames: steinmetz, stimatze
I think the Isaac W. steinmatz is my ggg grandad. If you could help me find out i would really appreciate it.

Thanks David Stimatze

Harry Tripp (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2005 10:48AM GMT
Surnames: H H Steinmetz
Hi there.could be barking up the wrong tree......but I know of a H H Steinmetz ended up in Fiji Islands...had a kid,who married into the Mc cutchens family......their son Howard buoght up my father Jack Tripp (born 1918) .......etc......anyway I thought I might throw this bit of info. Who knows,maybe you have cousins in Fiji....??? Good luck in your search Harry

Kimberly Griggs (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2006 8:17PM GMT
Surnames: Stimatze
I am the granddaughter of Roy Ekley Stimatze. I do not know any of the family members besides my grandfather who died in 1990, my grandmother Doris Stimatze who died January 4, 2006 and a cousin Ron Eakin who currently lives in Valley Center, KS. I would love to know more about my family so any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Kim

david stimatze (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2006 6:16PM GMT
I am related to this family. I can send you some info if you want. I would also like the info on your side of the family if i could.

Thanks

David

Posted: 21 Nov 2006 4:50PM GMT
Kimberly
Here is Roy Eckley Stimatze and his parents and siblings. I don't have really anything on Roy or his family, bu i do have more on the rest if you would like it. I would also be interested in Roy's family if you would give it to me. My Granddad is Charles Addison Sr. Stimatze

Thanks-David Stimatze

9. John Browning STIMATZE was born on FEB 26 1886 in Stafford County Kansas. He died on FEB 3 1969 in Stafford County Kansas. He was buried on FEB 6 1969 in Livington Cemetary, Stafford, Kansas.
He was married to Jennie Roena BOWKER (daughter of Charles Addison Sr. BOWKER and Isabelle TOLAND) on FEB 26 1905. Jennie Roena BOWKER was born on DEC 18 1888 in Caddo Oklahoma. She died in APR 1973. She was buried on APR 10 1973 in Livington Cemetary, Stafford, Kansas. John Browning STIMATZE and Jennie Roena BOWKER had the following children:

26 i.Infant STIMATZE.
+27 ii.Wanneta Audine STIMATZE.
+28 iii.Conway John STIMATZE.
+29 iv.Roy Eckley STIMATZE.
+30 v.Charles Addison Sr. STIMATZE.
+31 vi.Melvin Elmer STIMATZE.
+32 vii.Roenna Eliazbeth STIMATZE.
33 viii.Robert Merle STIMATZE was born on APR 14 1918. He died on OCT 8 1918.
34 ix.Roberta Pearl STIMATZE was born on APR 14 1918. She died on APR 15 1918.
35 x.Emmet Ray STIMATZE was born on NOV 29 1919. He died on MAR 16 1920.

29. Roy Eckley STIMATZE was born on OCT 17 1911. He died on FEB 19 1990 in Wichita Kansas. He was married to Doris. Roy Eckley STIMATZE and Doris had the following children:

49 i.STIMATZE.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic