Search for content in message boards

George Hooks, ba 1778, Married Susan Bright

George Hooks, ba 1778, Married Susan Bright

Posted: 12 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Nov 2002 7:19AM GMT
Surnames: Hooks
We know our ancestor to be William Hooks, born Oct 22, 1818 in Columbus Co. NC. married Martha Collier in Early Co. GA and moved to Tyler Co. Tx. We are quite certain that Wm. Hooks' father was GEORGE HOOKS born about 1778 in NC, probably Bladen Co., married SUSAN BRIGHT about 1805, lived in Columbus Co, moved to Leon Co FLA, to Early Co GA and presumably died there about 1845.

Does anyone have any information on this GEORGE HOOKS from Bladen? Someone having done research on this thinks his George's father was a George Hooks born about 1745, died about 1796, married a Rachel____ who had children Lemuel, Robert, Alston and our George.

Any information about this line or where we may find documentation on them or this line further back would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!!

Hooks/Bright

Cheryl Crowder (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hooks, Bright
Kathy,

I checked all my bible and deed books for Bladen and could not find an entry for HOOKS. However, I have a Lanny (Sarah or Sarry) BRIGHT who married Absalom WILLIAMS from Robeson County. She died sometime after 1813. Is my Sarah BRIGHT connected to your Susan BRIGHT at all?

George Hooks/Susan Bright

Posted: 16 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2002 7:19AM GMT
Surnames: Hooks, Bright
Thank you for your response. Sorry, but I don't know if Sarah Bright and Susan Bright were connected. I'll keep your posting and if I ever come across that information, I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks!

Bright

Bob Graham (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BRIGHT, GRIMSLEY
Is the name John BRIGHT connected to your Bright Line? My gggreatfather John BRIGHT born about 1840 time period and married a lady with the last name of GRIMSLEY. They had at least one child named William H. BRIGHT born 1861. John, as the story is told, died 1865 Civil War. William remained with the GRIMSLEY Family and later moved to Montgomery County, GA.

Thanks
Bob Graham

Re: George Hooks, ba 1778, Married Susan Bright

Posted: 1 Feb 2002 1:21AM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2002 2:49AM GMT
Surnames: HOOKS
THE INFORMATION THAT I HAVE GATHERED ON THE HOOKS GENERATIONS IS THAT GEORGE HOOKS WAS BORN ABOUT 1899 IN HARDIN COUNTY TX. AND DIED BEFORE 1980. HE WAS THE SON OF ROSE HOOKS AND THEODOSIA MCKEE. AND ROSE HOOKS FATHER WAS AUGUSTUS HOOKS AND HIS WIFE WAS MARTHA DURHAM.YOU CAN FIND A LOT OF INFORMATION UNDER THE NAMEGEORGE E. HUTTO. ENTRIES 2429. I AM A HOOKS ALSO.

Posted: 1 Feb 2002 1:31AM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2002 2:49AM GMT
I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT THIS GEORGE HOOKS WAS ALSO MARRIED TO A SUSAN BRIGHT.THE CHILDREN OF GEORGE AND SUSAN ARE EMANUEL,ANNA JANE,JIM,BETSY,REBECCA,BILLY,ALLEN,SUSAN,GEORGE WASHINGTON,LOTTIE.I HOPE WE CAN TALK SOMETIMES.

Posted: 12 Sep 2013 12:24AM GMT
I am trying to find the heritage information on a woman that was married to one of the Hooks men. I've been told by my family that one of the Hooks men married an American Indian women. Does anyone have any information? I was told that she was from the Karankawas tribe. This is what I know from ancestry.com:

William R Hooks (1818-1894) married Martha Collier Hooks 1822-1898 Is she an American Indian
William;s Parents:
George Hooks (1778-1845) married Susan Hooks Bright (1790-1832) Is she an American Indian?
George's Parents:
Robert Hooks (1768-1781) married Rachel Alston Hooks (1768 - ?) Is she an American Indian?
Robert's Parent:
Nancemond John Hooks (1670-1732) married ??
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions