Search for content in message boards

Presley Lawless

Presley Lawless

Posted: 10 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Sep 2001 12:48AM GMT
Surnames: Lawless
I have traced my family (The Presley Lawless line) back to Surry Co NC and would love to search further and do so
whenever I can. I live in Ohio though so it is somewhat difficult. In the 1800 NC census there was an Augustine who was in the correct age group to be Presley's father although I have not yet confirmed this. I have learned from a fellow genealogist that they lived near the Pilot Mountain area but from my area I have not been
able to locate much about Presely. I so know that Augustine was in the Revolutionary War and have ordered records from the National Archives but have not heard back yet. Other than that, the only information that I have, other than the names of children is that they left Surry County in 1811
and settled in Gallia County, Ohio. If any of you could give me some type of direction, I would be truly greatful.

Re: Presley Lawless

Diane French (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2002 2:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello:

I am also from Presley Lawless.....from is daughter Mary who married Wm Watkins and came to Gallia Co. Ohio.....They had a daughter Francis Watkins who married Joseph D. Sprague and moved to Clinton, DeWitt Co. Illinois.......I have not gone back any futher than Presley......but would love to when I can.......I live in Omaha, NE so it is even harder for me to get back east...........I would like to know how you are realated and would like to share information about the family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic