Search for content in message boards

Browns from Quinlan, Woodward Co.

Browns from Quinlan, Woodward Co.

Ann (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brown
Isaac Newton Brown died and was buried ca May 1907 in Quinlan, Woodward County, while visiting his son. I am trying to locate descendants of this Isaac. Isaac was born ca 1842 in Tazewell Co. VA. I do not know who he married. He served in Co A 45-46th VA Infantry. Would like to share info. Thanks, Ann asbj56@aol.com

BROWN FAMILY

Helen Elwood Conachan (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Elwood, Johnson, Brown, Stiles, Curtis
Hi Evelyn,
Would you know if your Ira Brown was possibly related to my SARAH ANNABELL BROWN, born 27 Jun 1870 in NYState. She died 12 Feb 1924 and is buried in the Mooreland Cemetery. She is my Great Grandmother. She married (1) JAMES HARPER JOHNSON in Nebraska 3 Apr 1887 and gave birth to my Grandmother ANNA MARGARETT JOHNSON 4 Jul 1888 in Nebraska. She married (2) Luke William Russell, who is also buried in Mooreland.

Sarah Annabell Brown was the daughter of MARRON BROWN. He married Sarah's mother whom I know nothing about other than she was born in NYState sometime around 1877. Marron is such an unusual name, I thought I'd be able to find something on it, but nothing so far. Sounds Scottish maybe.

I would appreciate any information you might have on my family. And I thank you very much.

Helen Elwood Conachan
Beaverton, Oregon

Browns from Quilan

Evelyn Sell (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BROWN

Hello
I don't know anything about the Brown you are looking for
but my husbands relative, Delores Sell married Ira Brown.
They lived in Mooreland. There was no children. Both
are dead now.
Thanks

Grandmothers burial

Joe Laswell (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Laswell
I saw a posting of cemetaries about a month ago around this area and a Julia Ann West Laswell was on the list of names. I recieved some information from my family that happens to be my grandmother. It didn't have anything carved on her stone. If who ever came up with the listing for elmwood cemetary will get in contact with me I will give them the dates to add to their list.

Grandmothers burial

Joe Laswell (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Laswell
I saw a posting of cemetaries about a month ago around this area and a Julia Ann West Laswell was on the list of names. I recieved some information from my family that happens to be my grandmother. It didn't have anything carved on her stone. If who ever came up with the listing for elmwood cemetary will get in contact with me I will give them the dates to add to their list. Oh yes this is in Windwood, Oklahoma.

Re: Grandmothers burial

Posted: 22 Apr 2010 8:29PM GMT
How could the Julia Ann West shown buried in Elmwood Cemetery as wife of Joseph Leonard Lasswell be the same as the Julia Ann West who married James Quitman Laswell? A 1921 Montana
history book says Julia is living with her family in Montana.
Did she sneak in a quick divorce to James Q, remarry Joseph
Leonard Lasswell, then return to James Q after Joseph died in
1918 and when she died she was buried back with Joseph? Or are these two different Julia Ann West??? The 2GG of James Q
Laswell was the 3GG of Joseph Lasswell.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions