Search for content in message boards

PAUL's from Duncan IT

PAUL's from Duncan IT

Eric C. Paul (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PAUL, BARSHEBA
George William PAUL b. 1828 in AL m. Mary BARSHEBA b. 1838 in TN. They came to Dallas, County TX in about the 1850's.
They later moved to Bosque County, TX. They had twelve children. William A.,Opal C., Thomas M. (my gggrandfather), Edney B., Mary E., John C., Mattie, George E, Harris A,Orpha C., Lucinda, and Emily. George William PAUL died sometime in the 1880's. Mary BARSHEBA-PAUL and all of her children, their spouses, and their children moved to Duncan IT (Stephens County,OK) in about the fall of 1889. These are not the same PAUL's of Paul's Valley. As far as I know, all but two of the PAUL's stayed in Oklahoma, and many are buried at the Duncan Cemetery west of HWY 81. The two that did not stay were Thomas Marion PAUL and John C. PAUL. The decesdants of Thomas M. and John C. are still living in Texas. I have made contact with the Great Grandaughter of Orpha Callie PAUL in OK, and the Great Great Grandaughter of William A. PAUL who is living in CO. I am in the process of writing a book about our lineage, and would love the opportunity to share information, photographs, etc.
Thank you!
Eric C. Paul

Re: PAUL's from Duncan IT

Posted: 27 Feb 2005 10:29PM GMT
Eric, Please contact me if you get this message. I believe I have put together pieces of the Paul family in Texas.

Re: PAUL's from Duncan IT

Posted: 27 Feb 2005 10:30PM GMT
Eric, Email me directly at themcelvains@earthlink.net

Thanks

Re: PAUL's from Duncan IT/Chickasaw ancestry??

Amy (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2006 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: Paul,Oliver
Hello Eric,

My great grandmother was Eddie Lee Oliver--born in Texas.
I don't have my info w/me--so i'm trying to do it from memory.
Her mother Callie Paul,i believe the Orpha Callie Paul you
mentioned.Her father's name was Andrew Oliver.Her parents
divorced and Orpha Callie remarried to a guy with the last
name Beard.I'm not sure,but I think according to a letter I
own a copy of written by one of Orpha Callie's daughters from her second marriage that their grandmother Sally Paul was
1/4th Chickasaw Indian.Do you or does anybody on this board
know anything about Chickasaw ancestry in the Paul family
or who married into the Paul family.I'm not sure if we are talking abt the same Paul family....if so you said you met a
great grandaughter of Orpha Callie Paul she may be around
my age,though not necessarily.
Anyone with info. please email me:
@ coyotemedicine2001@yahoo.com

PS.Wait i think callie was my great great grandmother.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions