Search for content in message boards

re lost relatives

re lost relatives

DianneSheridan (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sheridan
Hello we are from Australia and my husband Peter was wondering if he had any relatives over there.
Best regards Dianne Sheridan

genealogy

Andrea Sheridan-Pleggenkuhle (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: sheridan
Just saw your note and thought I would reply. I live in New Hampton, Iowa in the U.S. We don't have any relatives in Australia that we know of. My great, great grandparents came to the U.S. from Ireland. Hope you have some luck with your search.

Wittenburg/Pleggenkuhle

Posted: 11 Sep 2001 2:16AM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2001 1:36AM GMT
Surnames: Wittenburg, Pleggenkuhle
I am investigating the Wittenburg/Pleggenkuhle line from New Hampton, IA. My Great Grandparents were Joseph Henry Wittenburg who married Augusta Henrietta Pleggenkuhle. They had several children (Margaret, Louise, Nellie, etc.). Is there any chance that this is any connection to your Pleggenkuhle line? It is my understanding that they are of German descent. Thank you for your help.

Re: Wittenburg/Pleggenkuhle

Ellanor Hirsch Phillips (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2001 3:16PM GMT
Surnames: Pleggenkuhle, Wittenburg, Hcomke
Hi, Your Augusta Henrietta Pleggenkuhle was the daughter of Heinrich Friedrich Wilhelm Pleggenkuhle and Louise C Hcomke. Heinrich was born 15 July 1850 in Broxten 44, Venne, and died 13 Sept 1924 in Sumner, Iowa. He married Louisa 25 Dec. 1874. She was born 1850, and died 06 Dec. 1923.

Posted: 13 Sep 2001 11:19PM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2001 1:36AM GMT
Ellanor,

Thank you so much for your reply. I was wondering if you might know the following for Augusta H. Pleggenkuhle:

Date of Birth

Place

Date of Death

Place

Also, I don't mean to sound dumb but where is Venne? Is that in Germany?

Lastly, I have a picture of Augusta and Joseph Wittenburg on their wedding day. I would be happy to scan this and send it to you if you provide you e-mail address.

Thank you again for the information

Angela

Ellanor Hirsch Phillips (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2001 3:09AM GMT
Surnames: Pleggenkuhle, Wittenburg, Hcomke, Hackstedt
Augusta Henrietta Pleggenkuhle was born 30 July 1880 [I don't have where]
She died 7 Dec, 1947 [I think in Iowa- I'm not sure]
I don't have the marriage date. Her parents both died in Sumner, Iowa, Bremer County. They are buried in Richfield Cemetery, Bethel, Iowa.
I would like to have a copy of the wedding picture please.
elle@netins.net
Yes,----Venne, Hanover, Germany
My line is Gerhard Frederick Pleggenkuhle and Engeline Marie Hienriette Hackstadt. Your Heinrich is a brother to my Gerhard.
Ellanor

Posted: 20 Oct 2008 3:40PM GMT
Surnames: Pleggenkuhle, Hackstedt, Martin, Bakeman, Crawford
My great great grandmother was Louise Martin(Hackstedt) Her sister was angeline Pleggenkuhle. I have pictures, dates, and contacts with several from this line. I wonder if you have information on the Hackstedt family line.
I visited Iowa a while back and made contact with several Pleggenkuhle family members. I have many pictures of the family in Iowa.

William Crawford

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 10:22PM GMT
Are you still working on the Martin-Hackstedt family. I would love to exchange pictures with you, as I have a few also. I do have the parents of Louise and Angeline. e-mail me at elle@butler-bremer.com
Ellanor
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions