Search for content in message boards

Coy Ancestry from the San Antonio Texas area

Coy Ancestry from the San Antonio Texas area

Posted: 6 Jan 2001 1:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jun 2005 8:14PM GMT
Surnames: Coy, Gomez
Looking for info on Coy family, from the San Antonio Texas area. Teresa married Jesus Angel Gomez, early 1800's. Any info, please contact me via email: jgonza3572@aol.com

Re: Coy Ancestry from the San Antonio Texas area

Posted: 19 Jun 2002 6:30PM GMT
do you know Teresa Coy's parents name...What part of San Antonia? My aunt was married to Thomas Coy.

Posted: 19 Jun 2002 8:56PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jun 2005 8:14PM GMT
Teresa's mother was Maria Ygnacia Gonzales and father was Trinidad de los Santos Coy.

Posted: 22 Jun 2004 6:22PM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2004 11:41PM GMT
Surnames: Coy
Are you still looking for info on the Coy families of San Antonio. I too am a descendant of Trinidad de los Santos Coy. Much information has been gathered on these families. Will be happy to share the data I have accumulated.

Posted: 28 Jun 2010 4:40AM GMT
Surnames: Coy, de los Santos, Rodrigues
Came across your posting on Coy families of San Antonio. I've been working on my mother's side of her de los Santos family. My grandfather, Nicolas de los Santos at times would add Coy to his last name. He was born in Saspamco, in 1896 to Nicolas de los Santos and Erminia (Herminia) Rodrigues. Grandpa and other DLS family are buried in the De Los Santos Cemetery, in Saspamco. Grandpa owned a Tavern in S.A. until he passed away in May, 1937. He married Anita Dias Casas from Graytown in 1914. Their children, Gilberto, Herminia (Minnie)(Reyna, my mother), Virginia (Lerma), Dolores (Ortega), Gloria (Martinez), all deceased. Only one left is my Uncle Nick C. de los Santos. Has a son and grandson with the name name, Nick DLS. The DLS surname keeps going. Don't know for sure if my grandpa's family were decendenets to Trinidad de los Santos Coy. Can you supply me with some DLS Coy History? Thanks, Bea

Posted: 28 Jun 2010 3:18PM GMT
I don't have a 'Nicolas" in my list of Coy, can you tell me more about his ancestors. His father's name, his grandparents, etc. There is a good chance that there is a link, just need more info. My email address is: jgonza3572@aol.com.

Posted: 28 Jun 2010 6:06PM GMT
Surnames: Santos, Coy, de los Santos, de los Santos Coy, Martines,Gortari,Granada or Granado, Rodrigues,Dias,Casas
The first of our ancestors to come to New Spain, in 1731 was Antonio Santos, b.1680 and family from Lancerote, Canary Islands, Spain. His father was Simon de los Santos Coy. From there, I find a gap, until Jose Dolores de los Santos Coy, b.1779, Vallecillo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. Married a Martines. Their son was Jose Nicolas Martines de los Santos Coy, b. 1818 in Graytown, TX. He married Maria Lucia Gortari, b.1818 in Graytown in 1842 San Fernando Cathederal, San Antonio. Their son, Nicolas de los Santos, born 1853?. When Maria Lucia died, Nicolas DLS (b.1818) married, Maria Antonia Granada (Granado) and had a son Nicolas G. DLS, b.1873. He married Maria Erminia (Herminia) Rodrigues, b.1871. They had a son, Nicolas de los Santos (Coy), b.1896 (my grandpa), d.May 1937. When Erminia died in 1910, Nicolas DLS (b.1873), married Guadalupe. They had two daughters. Maria and Margarita. Nicolas (b.1896) married my grandma, Anita Dias Casas, b. Mar 1892 in Graytown. They has a son, my Uncle Nicholas (Nick) Casas DLS, b.1934 still living. He has a son, Nick, b.1964? and a grandson, Nick, b.19??. My grandparents lived in Saspamco and moved to SA. Do you think this will help? Thanks Bea

Posted: 28 Jun 2010 7:00PM GMT
Sorry, I can't make any connection with my data. But I think there must be one since you mention "Graytown" and that is an area where my ancestors were also born. I may have to go to Saspanco and check out the cemetery for more names to go with mine. If I find a connection I will post it.

Posted: 29 Jun 2010 3:17AM GMT
Surnames: Coy, de los Santos, Dias, Casas
Several of the names I mentioned are buried in Graytown. My Grandparents, Nicolas de los Santos and Anita Dias Casas; my Aunt Virginia DLS Lerma, her infant son and I'm sure other DLS Coy are buried in the family private cemetery in Saspamco (De Los Santos Cemetery). Several of my Grandma Anita's sibblings other relatives are buried in Graytown. Do you happen to go to Floresville, Saspamco, Graytown often? My sister and I were going early part of June of this year, but other things came up that we couldn't get together. Thanks, Bea

Posted: 29 Jun 2010 4:32AM GMT
I live in San Antonio, about 30 minutes from Floresville. I've been wanting to visit Floresville and get a marriage cerificate of my great aunt. I believe she was married in Wilson County. I don't think Graytown exists anymore, it it does it is probably just a few houses. My great aunt is a Gomez, related to the Coy family through her father, Jesus de los Santos Coy.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions