Search for content in message boards

BENJAMIN GALLUP

BENJAMIN GALLUP

Posted: 12 Sep 2001 8:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for information on the parantage of Benjamin Gallup, He married a Celinda Peck, and they had my GGGrandfather Russell M. Gallup born 01-06-1809, and died 10-15-1879. He was married to Agnes Ann Yale, and they had 5 children. Russell Gallup died in Unadilla, NY. I would like the information concerning Benjamin Gallop, his parents, siblings, and children if any besides my GGGrandfather.

Thank you
Lois Montgomery
loispebzoe@aol.com

Re: BENJAMIN GALLUP

Posted: 26 Jan 2002 2:41PM GMT
Hello, Benjamin H. Gallup son of William and Hannah Gallup b. Aug 10 1784 Pownal, Bennington, Vt.; d.Aug 20 1863 Clymer, Chautauqua, N.Y. m. Celinda Peck b, May 25 1785 Providence R.I.; d. Aug 31 1851 Sidney Delaware, N. Y. and buried in Fly Creek, N.Y. Cemetery. Children were Dianna, Cinthia, RUSSELL M GALLUP ( b. Jan 6 1809 New York), Horace, Lloyd, Orlando, Elmore, Susan, Emma, Hannah, Walton, Willis, Norman. If this is the family you are searching for, Let me know. This is information from 1987 Gallup Genealogy Book. There is a great deal more, but to much to post on message boards. Sincerely Yours, Rebecca

Re: BENJAMIN GALLUP (b:1808-09)

Dennis Donovan (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2002 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: Gallup
Does the book you have on "Gallup Genealogy" have any information on a Benjamin Gallup (b: 1808-09) , married Agnes, and had son Russell W. (b: 1851). In 1860 & 1870, they lived in Chenango County, N.Y. According to the census, Benjamin was born in N.Y.S., but I believe his parents may have been from Vermont. I am interested in who his parents were, and where they were from.

Posted: 20 Jun 2002 2:18PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2003 6:50PM GMT
Surnames: JOHNSON, PEACE, GALLOP, LOWE,DAVIDSON,POLITTE, TUCKER, ROBINSON, DARE, TALLY, LOYD, LLOYD,LASHLEY,FORSHEE, DETTMAR, BEEMAN,EVENS, INMAN, HILDEBRAND, MAYES,POLK, VAUGHN, TALBERT, GRIFFITTS, LEWIS
Hell-o, Rebecca

First let say that it's GREAT that you are helping other researchers....and THANK YOU for that!
Now my question is, do you have a listing for a GABRIELLA GALLOP/GALLUP/GALLIP in the book mentioned in earlier posts? We think she was born approx. 1814.
Again, Thanks.
Gloria Peace-Griffitts/Missouri
griff522@c-magic.com

Posted: 23 Jun 2002 12:23PM GMT
Hi Gloria, I did not find a GABRIELLA GALLOP/GALLUP/GALLIP in the 1987 index. If by chance you know of any syblings, or you know who her parents COULD have been? Let me know and I will check again. Sometimes children are missed in the Genealogy books or name is Different. Not all Genealogy is proven in the books, they are however a wonderful research tool. Sorry I can't be of more help now. Good luck to you! Rebecca

Posted: 23 Jun 2002 12:36PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2003 6:50PM GMT
Surnames: JOHNSON, PEACE, GALLOP, LOWE,DAVIDSON,POLITTE, TUCKER, ROBINSON, DARE, TALLY, LOYD, LLOYD,LASHLEY,FORSHEE, DETTMAR, BEEMAN,EVENS, INMAN, HILDEBRAND, MAYES,POLK, VAUGHN, TALBERT, GRIFFITTS, LEWIS
Rebecca,
THANKS for the reply!!
Does the book in mention list the birth places as part of the entries? If so, I may be interested to know some of that data.
If you would like to contact me personally, please feel free to do so at <griff522@c-magic.com>
Again, THANKS.
Gloria Peace-Griffitts

Posted: 23 Jun 2002 1:19PM GMT
Hi Dennis, Sorry I haven't posted sooner, been away from home. If you would post to LOIS MONTGOMERY, she should be better able to help you. You are both researching the same family line. She has a great deal to share and would love to hear from you, I am sure. What Sharon Gallup sent you is in the Gallup Genealogy. She is an wonderful person to help you also. Good luck. If I can be of any further help, please let me know. Sincerely Rebecca

Posted: 23 Jun 2002 5:54PM GMT
Dennis, I believe we are related, if your related to Russell Gallup, he was married to Agnes Ann Yale. Russell is my GG Grandfather, the Gallups that moved to Chenango County did originally come from Voluntown, CT.

The Gallup's were a large family and there were some in Mass., Ct., Vermont, and Rhode Island, New York, etc.

email me direct and I will be happy to attach the information that I have gathered on the Gallups' my email address is loispebzoe@aol.com

Lois Montgomery

Posted: 11 Sep 2005 3:22AM GMT
I am hoping this is not too late... it's been awhile since you've posted... LDS has Hannah Gallup (daughter of Benjamin and Celinda (Peck) Gallup married to a William H Moore... I believe this could be my Hannah that I am looking for.. hoping that you have any info on Hannah (b abt 1822 Fly Creek, Otsego, NY.)

thanks in advance
Charie

Posted: 12 Sep 2005 3:31PM GMT
Hi Charie,
It is not to late! :-)
Email me and I will scan you the pages of what is in the 1987 genealogy of the Gallup family.

Just click on my name to get my Email addy!

Rebecca
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions