Help me figure this one out. This book is available for free download too. Something does not ring true with the whole Hezekiah in the DAR papers for Niles.
The History of Weare, NH 1735-1888
Published by the Town
Lowell Mass Printed by S.W. Huse
Joseph (1) and Elisabeth Hadlock came to South Weare in 1766, where they lived a number of years; then removed to Deering. Ch.___
1. Hezekiah, m. ____Fogg; settled in Deering. He served in the Revolutionary war. Ch.: Hezekiah and Judith.
2. Richard, b. Feb. 13, 1758
3. Joseph, b. Oct 26, 1759: m. Martha Morse
4. Deborah, b. Feb 22, 1761; m. Benj. Brown of Deering.
5. James, b. April 5, 1763
6. Sarah, b. May 5, 1765
7. Mary, b. July 19, 1766
8. Anna, b. Oct 10, 1768; m. Amos Peaslee of Deering
Richard (2), son of Richard and Elisabeth Hadlock, m. Martha ______Ch. 1. Richard, b. July 1786 2. Jemima, b. Aug 21, 1788 3. Samuel, b. Dec 17, 1790
Richard, Jr (3), son of Richard and Martha Hadlock, m. Apphia Barrett in 1808. Ch. Richard, Thomas and Levi. +
Levi (4), son of Richard Jr., and Apphia (Barrett) Hadlock, m. Clarrissa Clement. One son, Alvin C., b. 1839; is a blacksmith; res. at Weare Center; m. Elvira George, who d. Jan 24, 1886. Ch. I. Edward W., b. 1866 II. Alfred D. b. 1871; d. Mar 27 1886
Jonathan (1) Hadlock, a brother to Joseph m. Betty Pettee and lived in Weare; rem. to Bath, H.H., and from there with all his family to Jay, VT., where he and his wif d.
1. Abigail, b. March 19, 1769: d. April, 1769
2. Samuel, b. June, 18, 1700;m. Miriam Hadlock; rem. to DeKalb, NY
3. Hezekiah, b. Aug.10, 1772; rem. to Guildhall, VT. and d. there.
4. Jonathan, b. Nov. 28, 1774
5. Joseph, b. Mar 1777
6. Betty, b. Mar 24, 1779
7. Peter, b. Sept 17, 1781; m. Polly Straw; rem. to Shipton, C E and d. there.
8. Miriam, b. March 2, 1784
9. Rhoda, b. 1786
10. Stephen, b. Feb 26, 1790
Dearborn, Morse and Hadlock are very common name's here. My Martha Morse was one of two children that settled in Haverhill 1762 with her family. No sons so Uriah and Hannah "daughtered out". All the other Morses are unrelated unless you're willing to go way far back. This Hadlock tree is almost as bad as my Niles. But at least they don't use the same first names over and over again.