Search for content in message boards

john robert stewart

john robert stewart

rodney stewart (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 1999 7:27PM GMT
My great grandfather was John Robert Stewart.
His wife was Mary Una Haley. Their children were Charles, John, Mary, and Henry. I do not know much more than this, I am just getting started on my search. They lived in Henderson, North Carolina. My grandfather, John Jr. Does not know much about his father. He died young. All I know is his name and residing state. I hope to find out who John R. Stewarts father was, and any other relatives. If you have any info please contact me at my email address...rodstew23@yahoo.com
Thank You, Rodney Charles Stewart

John R Stewart

Mike Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 1999 12:10PM GMT
Do you have any dates to go by? Iam looking for a John Stewart that would be my great uncle he was b.abt. 1859 if this might help I have more info. Let me know
Posted: 10 Oct 1999 9:55AM GMT
Edited: 22 Nov 2003 1:14AM GMT
I have a john Stewart b.1725 born to daniel stewart from Scotland -they drifted south into ga and on into miss

John Stewart

Mike Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 1999 7:23PM GMT
Thanks for reply, the names are right but the dates are off for the people Im looking for. Again, thank you for your reply.

Stewart Connection

Rick Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2001 6:46AM GMT
Hey Rod,

Chances are your family may already be documented. Check out www.martygrant.com or go to yahoo and search Stewart genealogy. Marty's site is 4th or 5th listed. We (several of us) have been working on the Stewart's almost 20 years. If you are not kin to my line you may be kin to others that originated from Buncombe County etc....

Teresa, Kathi and Marty are the experts.

Good Hunting, Drop me a line.

Rick Stewart

John D. Stewart or John R. Stewart

Posted: 18 Apr 2001 6:12AM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2001 9:12PM GMT
Looking for any info, shows in Ga in 1880 census brn. abt. 1853. Married in Appling County Ga. in 1875 to Adaline Leggett. Census shows birth place as N. C. and as John D.. Tombstone of Adaline shows John R. Not sure what is correct if any connects please help.
J. Wayne Stewart
wstewart@darientel.net

Re: John R Stewart

Maureen (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2001 10:36PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart
I am also looking for information on a John R. Stewart born abt. 1855 in Illinois. He married a Margaret. His parents were Reubin and Mary Stewart. Let me know if this is connects.

Re: john robert stewart

rodney c. stewart (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2002 6:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JOHN ROBERT STEWART
JOHN ROBERT STEWART 1880s - 1940s
MARY UNA HALLIE his wife 1890s - 1985

Children
HENEY STEWART DIED 1980s
MARY STEWART DICKERSON living
CHARLES STEWART living
JOHN ROBERT STEWART JR my grandfather living

Re: John R Stewart

Posted: 19 Dec 2004 3:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: STEWART
Please contact me concerning your John Stewart. I am looking for a John Stewart, born possibly 1855-1869.

He married Agnes Barber, but I don't have dates. The children I know of were Agnes Ruth, born 28 May 1896, Peter, born 1889, and George, born 1894.

The only other information I can tell you is that the family was located in Birmingham, Alabama for a while, probably starting about 1900. Agnes Ruth's obituary says she was born in Birmingham, but family members say she was born in Scotland, and they came over when she was about 3 years old. I don't know which is right.

Agnes Ruth married Carl Walter Meigs in Guyman, OK on 22 May, 1915.

Agnes Ruth was my husband's grandmother. Does any of this sound familiar to you? Patricia Quinn Meigs
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions