Search for content in message boards

Awramik / Kochanowski

Awramik / Kochanowski

Posted: 8 Feb 2011 5:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
I need any information about Serafina Awramik. Immigrated to Lynn Mass 1901. Married Stephen Kochanowski 1903. They both Died October 1917. Any leads would help specifically looking for any brothers/sisters or parents information

Re: Awramik / Kochanowski

Posted: 8 Feb 2011 10:12PM GMT
If you knew which port she came into the US at, you could search the immigration records for people with the same surname. If there were others with Serafina's surname that immigrated the same time as she did, they would likely have been family members.

I am assuming you have already tried to obtain a death certificate for Serafina without success, which usually lists the parents of the deceased. Have you tried looking up the obituary for Serafina? It might list surviving relatives and their locations.

Good luck,
Sandra

Posted: 8 Feb 2011 11:58PM GMT
I found the passenger list for Serafina Awramik. She left Antwerp May 25, 1901 on the SS Friesland. Traveling alone (or at least not with anyone of the same name), age 18, single, Russian, from the town of Jaczniki, fare paid by her brother, she was in possession of $2.00, she was going to West Lynn, Mass. to her brother Joseph Awramik of 5 Ward or Wand Street in West Lynn. She arrived at the port of New York on June 4, 1901

Ancestry has it indexed as Serfina Aurenik.
Hope this helps.

Posted: 9 Feb 2011 12:20AM GMT
Also found Joseph on the 1900 census in Lynn Ward 6, Essex County, Mass at #5 Ward Court. Census taker has written the last name as Abramik

Joseph Abramik, Boarder, born 1872, age 27, single AND
Victor Abramik, Boarder, born 1869, age 31, single.

both immigrated in 1897, both listed as laborers. According to the census Joseph can read and speak English, Victor cannot. Neither can write English.

Posted: 9 Feb 2011 2:59PM GMT
Thanks sooo much! I think those were his brothers! I do have other supporting info but never prior to 1901

Posted: 10 Feb 2011 3:00PM GMT
found two people at find-a-grave.com who you may or may not know of buried at saint joseph cemetery in lynn.

helen awramik
july 22,1917
aug.10,1999

dr.stanley m. awramik
sept.1,1913
march 18,1972

Posted: 10 Feb 2011 7:31PM GMT
Thanks for the info, I was not aware that site existed. I am such a newbie to this. Every little bit helps. Thanks

Posted: 10 Feb 2011 7:31PM GMT
Thanks for the info, I was not aware that site existed. I am such a newbie to this. Every little bit helps. Thanks

Posted: 18 Jun 2012 10:05AM GMT
I have been trying to locate the passenger list for the ship SS Friesland May 1901. Where can I find it?

Re: Abraham Abrahams

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 11:51PM GMT
Surnames: Abrahams
I have been trying to locate the passenger list for the SS Friesland for May 1901 with no luck. Would you be able to help me locate it? I would like to see it so I can go over it because perhaps my grandfather used another name.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions