Search for content in message boards

Sheehans in Cape Clear

Sheehans in Cape Clear

Posted: 5 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 4:35PM GMT
Surnames: Sheehan
I am looking for information about my great-great-great grandfather, Joseph Sheehan,born 1793, and married Margaret ?. They were passengers on The Brunswick,leaving Cape Clear for Canada in 1825 with Peter Robinson. The family settled in Ennismore township, Peterborough and were members of St. Martin's Church.

Re: Sheehans in Cape Clear

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 4:08PM GMT
hello...my name is donna i am in new york...i just visited my dentist dr. Patrick Sheehan and told him i was searching my family tree. he told me that he had been searching for his great grandmother (i don't know which number) who had lived in cape clear. she immigrated to massachusetts and hated it and ended up back home in cape clear. her married name was sheehan. is this ringing any bells. i have no dates to go by....

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 4:38PM GMT
Hi,

Hope this helps and you may like to add your message at end of the page.

http://www.bmdnotices.com/in-memoriam/viewremembrance.aspx?r...

Cheers

Frank

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 5:13PM GMT
Of course I should have said that I can include more info directly in the page id you wish to email any to me at admin@bmdnotices.com or of course you are welcome to add new pages

Frank

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 8:38PM GMT
Hi Donna, Thanks for your message. I know of a Bridget Regan who immigrated from Cape Clear to Boston, Mass in 1902. Her parents were John Regan & Katherine Sheehan. I don't know who Katherine's parents were.
My Joseph & Margaret (Cadigan, I think) Sheehan went to Canada in 1825 and I don't know any of their siblings.

Would enjoy talking with Patrick Sheehan. Send his email if you can. My email is patv24@verizon.net
Thanks

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 8:43PM GMT
Thanks for the Sheehan record. Would love to find out more about Joseph & Margaret. Are you relatede to them?

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 10:02PM GMT
will pass this on to him.....i will see if he wants to give me any good information to go by.....i did this on my own with the little information i had.....i will definitely show him what you wrote though, i see him tomorrow...
thanks.....

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 7:30PM GMT
Surnames: Cadigan, Driscoll, Sheehan, Donahue
I have a Cadigan line from Cape Clear (my paternal grandmother's family). My family settled in Boston MA. I also have Sheehans--that I think are at least remotely connected--I also have Driscolls from Cape Clear that I think have a remote connection to my Cadigan line. Donahue is another connection. What I have learned of Cape Clear leads me to believe that they were all some degreee of cousin to each other--through intermarriage. i would love to learn what you have--see if a more definite connection can be made.

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 9:04PM GMT
Anxious to hear what you found out

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 8:17PM GMT
There is a museum on Cape Clear - they may help you http://www.capeclearmuseum.ie/
Also Skibbereen Heritage Centre nearby has a genealogy service. There is a tv documentary on Irish Tv about Cape Clear at the moment. You can watch it on rte.ie on the Rte player facility. It is in Irish (Gaelic) but is subtitled. It is called Ar An Oileain. Translates as On The Island.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic