Search for content in message boards

SMITH in Norfolk

SMITH in Norfolk

Posted: 21 Feb 2003 3:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SMITH
Is anybody researching the name Smith in Norfolk?
My fathers name was Smith and the family lived in the Kings Lynn area I have got back to 1881. I am also looking for a family named Jolley living in Wymondham around 1860.
This is all connected. I have come across a lot of smith families as I have been researching so may also be able to help others.
Here's hoping!
Karen
sunflowerroo@btinternet.com

Re: SMITH in Norfolk

Charles F. Smith (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2003 1:30AM GMT
Surnames: Smith
I have info on Smith departing England aboard the ship Diligent in 1638. Henry Smith, my ancestor arrived America in 1638 living first in Hingham, MA, then became one nof the patent holders in Rehoboth, MA. He came to America w/ his wife, Judithb Stanton & 5 children. I am wiolling to share info to those following this line!

Posted: 7 Apr 2003 9:06PM GMT
I have just started on my "Smith" line, and the information that I have is very limited. My GG Grandmother was Elizabeth M. Smith born 1827/29 (assuming in the Norfolk area), married 1 Dec 1848 in Mitford District, Norfolk County, Garvestone, England. Her father was William Smith, and she has a relative Sarah Smith (possibly a sister). Elizabeth married Henry F. Johnson, born 1825/27, They had five known children, James, Hannah, Harry, Elizabeth and Abram. All remained in England, except for Abram, who emmigrated to New York State in 1880's.

Any information would be appreciated.

Posted: 7 Feb 2004 6:14AM GMT
Hello...My Smith hails from Crownthorpe. His name was John Smith (not too difficult to search-hee hee), who married Mary Cubitt. He was born in 1816. If any of this is familiar to you, or you would like to know some more information, please let me know.

Kristen

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 3:22PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Cubitt
Yes, familiar to me. Mary Cubitt was my relative. More than happy to share info

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 8:05PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2013 2:33PM GMT
Surnames: JOHNSON,
Do you have any more information of this James Johnson, son of Henry?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions