Search for content in message boards

William Cain, Pulaski & Russell Co. KY

William Cain, Pulaski & Russell Co. KY

Posted: 22 Sep 2001 12:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Mar 2004 3:14PM GMT
Surnames: Cain
Looking for information on William Cain, born about 1774, possibly in Virginia. Moved to Pulaski County, Kentucky, before 1807 from somewhere in Tennessee. William appears in the census in Pulaski County in 1810 & 1820, and Russell County, KY in 1830 through 1860 (age given as 84). Wife Margaret, maiden name unknown. We have the names of six of his children: Nancy, Jane, Gracie, Ephraim (from whom I am descended), William Riley and Smith W. We would like any information on where William was born, who his parents and siblings were, when he died and where he is buried. Also looking for additional information on his wife Margaret, his daughters, and any other children he had. Thanks for your help.

Michael Starsinic

Re: William Cain, Pulaski & Russell Co. KY

Shannon Cain-Hayes (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2002 9:20PM GMT
I have just started my research, but I do believe I am a descendent of Smith W. Cain. I was able to go back as far as Smith W., but I was unsure of his parents, thanks to you, I now have that information. Regretfully, I do not have any information on William or Margaret. If you would like to share information please let me know, I would love to hear from you.

Shannon Hayes
bhayes@new.rr.com

Pat Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2003 8:44AM GMT
Surnames: Cain
In our family, there is a Samuel Cain, born in 1790 in Tn., married Jane"Jenny" born 1803 in Tn. first child born in 1824, but I don't know where, fourth child Edward born in Saline Co, Il in 1828. Cannot find anything else about Samuel or Jane, who their parents were or where they were born or where they were buried. They did have other children. Could Samuel possibly be part of your line of Cains? Please email me if you think there is a connection. Thanks.

Posted: 12 Aug 2008 1:08AM GMT
Surnames: Strunk, Weddle, Cain, McDonald, Nelson
Hello. Looks like you were still around in Feb 2008, so hope you see this. I am descended from William (I think) through Smith W Cain and his son Milford. I have good info back to Smith Cain, but only sketchy evidence that Smith was William's son. Do you have a will, family bible or what? as proof of link? I live in California and haven't been back to Kentucky since I was a child. If you have evidence, I would love to have copies (will pay expenses). Hope to hear from you and other "cousins" descended from Smith Cain. Gerry Patterson Humes

Posted: 10 Jun 2009 1:02AM GMT
Hi, Michael - hope you are still active on ancestry. I just saw your post from 2001 about William Cain. I'm descended from his daughter, Anna (or Annie), who married Francis Asbury Johnson. She must be the Nancy on your list of William's children. She died before age 34. How did you find the list of children? I've found census and other records for the 3 sons, but nothing to prove the daughters. Please let me know if you are still out there! Thanks,
Claudia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic