Search for content in message boards

Nittes from kastellorizo

Nittes from kastellorizo

Posted: 29 Apr 2003 10:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 May 2003 1:32AM GMT
My Great grand father was born on the island of Kastellorizo(i think thats how it's spelt). At some stage he migrated to Australia. Not sure if he was by himself or with parents. In Australia he married a lady by the name of Amy Beatrice Moore. I think they had 5 children. The ones I know of are Gooler, Jimmy, Stefano and Gloria(my grandmother). I have tried finding information on them but can't even find anyone with the same surname. Is the spelling correct , maybe it is spelt differently in Greece.His first name was Peter which my nana tells me is also different in greek.

Re: Nittes from kastellorizo

Posted: 24 May 2003 2:32AM GMT
Edited: 23 Dec 2003 2:22AM GMT
Dear Cindy My husbands family are from Kastellorizo. I will see if anyone in the family can remeber them Historically most Kassies migrated to Australia - there are about only 200 people left on the island Originally they settled in Darwin and then filtered down south to Queensland then Newcastle then Sydney

cindy (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2003 7:59AM GMT
Hi Sharon,

Since I posted this message I have located the graves of my great grandparents. I have also found our that my g-grandfather came to Australia as a teenager with his parents.
Their graves are at Pinnaroo cemetery in Brisbane. I have also been in contact with someone whos husbands family are Nittis' from Kastellorizo. I'm waiting to hear from her again as to whether it's the same family.
If you could help that would be fantastic.
Cindy.

Posted: 26 May 2003 6:21AM GMT
Edited: 23 Dec 2003 2:22AM GMT
Dear Cindy Glad you have some info If I come across any info that I think may be of some help to you Ill let you know

Sharon Sirris

Posted: 2 May 2013 12:55AM GMT
Surnames: Nitties
My father-in-law came from Kastellorizo to Sydney when he was about 16 [1929?] with his family. He had 9 brothers [one of which was called Peter] and 1 sister. He spelt his surname Nitties. Some of the family moved to Melbourne. If this looks like being of some help please don't hesitate to contact me. His father was Demetrius Nitties & his mother Kyraiki Lazos.

Posted: 15 May 2013 2:02PM GMT
Surnames: Nitties
Hi,
I never met my grandfather, though his name was Evangelo Nitties. I am trying t find out any information about the family as i though that my immediate family were the only 'Nitties' out there. My email is john_nitties@hotmail.com if you want to email me
Thanks,
John
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions